11-01-11 11:00 AM
45 12
tools
    Since the outage I've lost a few friends to Iphone anyone else going thru this? A shrinking in your BBM friends list?
    10-27-11 10:21 PM
    No my list is getting bigger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 10:26 PM
    Since the outage I've lost a few friends to Iphone anyone else going thru this? A shrinking in your BBM friends list?
    Thanks for the compelling data. if you want to change that situation I suggest you move to either, India, Indonesia, the middle east, anywhere in South east Asia or Africa. You will find growth.
    The USA not so much until QNX BBX and the new BB Supper phones are out.. did you miss the memo?

PS. my list has never been bigger. BB 7 kicks @ss
    10-27-11 10:29 PM
    No. I haven't gone through this, but most of my BBM friends are staunch users of the platform.
    They ain't going anywhere! LoL.
    There are applications like LiveProfile, WhatsApp, etc., to communicate with them if you really miss them that much though.
    10-27-11 10:32 PM
    my list is still growing, or at least not shrinking. im sure if you need bbm friends you could find plenty here on the forums.
    10-27-11 10:39 PM
    Actually my BBM list has grown as well.
    10-27-11 10:39 PM
    my list is still growing, or at least not shrinking. im sure if you need bbm friends you could find plenty here on the forums.
    Yea you can but most are a bit sensitive to privacy like me. I feel a bit uncomfortable adding people I don't even know

10-27-11 10:46 PM
    Has been shrinking for a while now. Whole family is on iPhone now, and have had a couple friends leave BB in the last few weeks.
    10-27-11 10:59 PM
    As others have said, My list is growing.

I have lost one friend whom I miss talking a lot lately to the iPhone 4S, but she's happy with it, over all BBM is a pretty consistent growth, people come and go, as they have since I was given my first BlackBerry
    moiselles likes this.
    10-28-11 01:02 AM
    The reason BBM users don't leave is BBM is the biggest hook RIM has to keep users. Those who have embraced BBM are fully on the reservation. Those who do not use it are fully in play.
    10-28-11 01:23 AM
    I've lost 3. I don't blame them. I'm on the ropes as well, not over just the outage. Everything rimm is doing is getting even worse.
    10-28-11 02:23 AM
    My list of 70 has shrunk to less than 10 in los angeles, don't really even use it much anymore since most of us are used to chatting with those people via Google now, the people left on bbm pretty much quit using it.

10-28-11 02:18 PM
    I haven't noticed any recent changes. The people I took off my list had already switched platforms probably 6 months ago, but I just hadn't gotten around to deleting them.

I have 57 now and used to have 75. Nobody recently added or subtracted, though.
    10-28-11 02:24 PM
    I think this is one of those cases where your mileage will vary depending on age, income demographics, area, industry, etc. of the user. It is inevitable that there will be people who switch around operating systems (OSs?) when new phones come out; possibly moreso when flagship phones are released, including towards BlackBerry. There will also be those who stick with a single OS.
    10-28-11 02:31 PM
    I don't have alot of people on BBM because most of the time when I notice someone has a blackberry and I mention BBM they have no Idea what I am talking about. The thing people do not realize is when you use BBM it is data and not counted as text message and for alot of people that can be a huge help if they can save on there text message plan. I hope to Grow my BBM list and use it more in the future.
    juanda78 likes this.
    10-28-11 02:54 PM
    About 2 years ago i had 17 people on my BBM list. Today, 1. 1!!!! all of them including my wife has switched to either android or IOS..... it all really started when RIM had that major blackout just over a year and a half ago, friends got so PO'ed that some changed almost a week after... My last contact is getting an EVO in a week so that means i will be the LAST one this is nuts.....
    10-28-11 03:50 PM
    My BBM list shrank a bit but not by much. However, my whatsapp list grew bigger since most of my friends who moved to smartphone went either for Android or iPhone. Few of my friends are already planning to move to iPhone and that includes my girlfriend
    10-28-11 04:19 PM
    So much for BBM being one of the major reasons why people choose BlackBerry over other platforms.
    it could only hold them up so long, for a long time most of my friends only stayed with BB because of BBM, then no new phone for a year, few people left, bbm got way less cool, once a few people go bbm has less purpose, then more people go, then rather quickly you're left wondering why you still have a BB and you leave also. unless you're a business user who has to use one for an enterprise situation, i can't really see the reason anymore. email and messaging is better on other platforms, as well as bbm alternatives that are superior and cross platform.
    10-28-11 05:39 PM
    I had 5 BBM contacts, and now would be down to 1. On the plus side, my Live Profile is up to 4!
    10-28-11 05:41 PM
    Way back when, I had triple figures. When I left, it was down to single digits due to attrition.

If I do return to BB, I will not use BBM. I will try to keep to cross-platform messengers.
    10-28-11 05:44 PM
    I had over 30 half a year ago, now I have less than 30.
    10-28-11 06:48 PM
    Good Christ

We know that if bbm would just master all that it is now in a cross platform role, it would be a winner. And if would, in my lowly opinion, keep bb customers and probably atttract others into the fray.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-28-11 07:41 PM
    lost 21 in 4 weeks..its a shame and i dont add random people from here to meet. basically just have people in my area. they all jumping the iphone bandwagon.

Im actually thinking of going android soon. just need to choose a good brand phone and learn how it works first haha
    10-28-11 07:42 PM
    lost 21 in 4 weeks..its a shame and i dont add random people from here to meet. basically just have people in my area. they all jumping the iphone bandwagon.

Im actually thinking of going android soon. just need to choose a good brand phone and learn how it works first haha
    If you get an iPhone, you can iMessage your 21 former BBM contacts.
    10-28-11 07:55 PM
    you can all have 1 more contact for free
    22E551E6,add it or dont,upto usee:P
    10-28-11 08:04 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD