Theres one thing i would like to know which is how long exacty is the lag time from the tick mark appearing after you have sent the message to the D appearing to show that it has been delivered coz sometimes it take my phone about 5 seconds ??

And does that mean that the contact receives the message after the D appears or is that just lag in updating the status ??
    01-08-11 10:16 PM
    Tick mark: Once message is send over carriers network
    D: once its delivers to communication address
    R: once its being read.

Usually its very fast. But it depends upon your carriers network.
    Some times it takes minutes to get the D/R confirmation.

This might be network issue, contact your carrier.
    dj.acidburnt likes this.
    01-09-11 04:06 AM
    Tick mark: Once message is send over carriers network
    D: once its delivers to communication address
    R: once its being read.

Usually its very fast. But it depends upon your carriers network.
    Some times it takes minutes to get the D/R confirmation.

This might be network issue, contact your carrier.
    The thing is the tick mark comes almost instantly which means my carriers network is alrite But the D/R confirmation takes 5 to 6 seconds SOMETIMES. Mainly when i start a chat but then it sort of takes a second or so.

So i dont know whether its sort of BIS service taking some time to update the status coz it updates every time that arrow thing comes in the top tight hand side corner of the screen (sorry kinda nooby ).
    01-09-11 05:21 AM
    It depends where its going, if its international then it will of course take longer.
    01-09-11 05:25 AM
    Yeah, tick to D is dependant upon network coverage largely.

D to R depends on when the recipient reads it, and THEN the network notifiying you that it's read.

Sometimes the person you're BBM'ing might be on their phone too which also delays read receipt (on some phones / services at least)
    01-09-11 07:47 AM
    Yeah, tick to D is dependant upon network coverage largely.

D to R depends on when the recipient reads it, and THEN the network notifiying you that it's read.

Sometimes the person you're BBM'ing might be on their phone too which also delays read receipt (on some phones / services at least)
    Does that mean if a tick appears the message could have already have reached the recipient but the system hasn't yet updated the status
    01-09-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD