Apologies if this has been discussed recently, searches for BBM lag turned up old threads from last year.

Since updating to BBM 5.0.1.38, it is wicked laggy on my Storm2. If I close out and re-enter BBM, it takes about 5-10 seconds to reload a conversation. There isn't any typing lag once this goes through, but going through contacts and messaging them is a chore. Anyone else experiencing this lately? This seems more phone/program related than network related, so I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution or workaround. Thanks.
    09-01-10 11:10 AM
    I agree. Try BBM Groups...the lag is almost unbearable. I'm not a fast typer on the S2, but the BBM groups keyboard can't keep up with me at all....not even close. I've even had it lock up on me, so I had to switch to a different program, and then back to unfreeze it. This new BBM is horrible.
    09-01-10 11:58 AM
    May not be limited to S2: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bb...y-slow-523324/

I haven't had any issues running 138 on my Bold 9650
    09-01-10 12:12 PM
    If I close out and re-enter BBM, it takes about 5-10 seconds to reload a conversation.
    You're not the only one. It's one of my complaints during the beta testing.
    09-01-10 12:14 PM
    You're not the only one. It's one of my complaints during the beta testing.
    This is my biggest issue with the new bbm. Maybe not everyone experiences this or RIM didn't feel it was that severe because I'm not sure how something like this could make it out of beta. Defect deferred...
    09-01-10 12:33 PM
    May not be limited to S2: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bb...y-slow-523324/

I haven't had any issues running 138 on my Bold 9650
    Thanks for the link; that's what I was looking for, I must have been limiting the search to this forum only. Much appreciated.

Also, thanks for the replied. On one hand, I'm glad it isn't just my phone, but I'm disappointed that it is happening at all because the previous version ran so smooth...I wish all of my contacts had a BBM account because the other services are less reliable and more cumbersome. Trying to use AIM on these phones is frustrating as ****.
    09-01-10 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the link; that's what I was looking for, I must have been limiting the search to this forum only. Much appreciated.
    Glad to help!
    09-01-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD