Ok so three weeks ago i went against my better judgment and installed BBM 5.0, at first i loved it i could chat with people around the world etc etc. and all the emocons were adorable.
    But then came something i didn't expect....lag, i have a 9530 running the latest OS and haven't had any lag until now...im doing battery pulls 3 and 4 times a day! When before BBM i did my early morning reset and i was fine.
    It seems to eat up my memory like crazy, at this moment i have 19.0MB app memory...i usually have 41.0MB. But ok i can deal with the slight lag and mem drain i guess. What i cant deal with though is my battery. Its only 2 months old and granted I'm a text addict, but even so i could charge my phone overnight and have a good battery for days.
    Now everyday around 5 pm no matter if it charged all night or not it goes into the red and dies. I don't have any apps running besides the ones that have to be on all the time, BBM is one of them and ever since i installed it my battery is crap.
    To wrap it up, I'm seriously thinking about aborting BBM 5.0, wondering though has anyone else had/have these issues as well
    06-07-10 11:39 AM
    Having BBM installed will definitely reduce your battery life, especially if you are in a weak signal area. BBM makes your phone access the network more often, and a weak signal will force your phone to transmit at a higher power level. The combination can be significant. I carry two batteries and typically swap out the battery by 5pm.
    06-07-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD