It's "n"
    06-09-12 06:13 PM
    ??? That doesn't launch bbm
    06-09-12 09:26 PM
    Yes it does, you have to enable shortcut keys "Options>Display>Home screen preferences >Launch By typing>application shortcuts"

S=Universal Search
    C=compose
    M=Messages
    N=BBM
    L= Calendar
    U=Calculator
    P=Phone
    A=Contacts
    B=Browser
    C=Compose
    D=Memo Pad
    T=Tasks
    O=Options
    V=Saved Messages
    K=Lock Screen (If password enabled)
    H=Help

Bonus If installed:
    W=BeWeather
    G=Google Talk
    X=Live Messenger
    Y=Yahoo Messenget
    I=AIM
    Space=QuickLaunch

Also, Press and hold Q = Vibrate Sound profile
    Press and hold A = Screen Lock (Same as pressing hardware button on top)

Did I miss any or include wrong info? Let me know so I can fix it.
    Last edited by mikelcal; 06-09-12 at 09:45 PM.
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-09-12 09:43 PM
    [...]
    Bonus If installed:
    W=BeWeather
    G=Google Talk
    X=Live Messenger
    Y=Yahoo Messenget
    I=AIM
    Space=QuickLaunch
    [...]
    P=BBNotePad (Downloadable from : BBNotePad Home)
    06-09-12 09:52 PM
    Yes it does, you have to enable shortcut keys "Options>Display>Home screen preferences >Launch By typing>application shortcuts"

S=Universal Search
    C=compose
    M=Messages
    N=BBM
    L= Calendar
    U=Calculator
    P=Phone
    A=Contacts
    B=Browser
    C=Compose
    D=Memo Pad
    T=Tasks
    O=Options
    V=Saved Messages
    H=Help

Bonus If installed:
    W=BeWeather
    G=Google Talk
    X=Live Messenger
    Y=Yahoo Messenget
    I=AIM
    Space=QuickLaunch

thats pretty awesome but i'll stick to universal searhc im not smart enough to remember all these. eaiser way to change to shortcut btw is just in home screen > menu key > optiosn instead of going to options > display etc..
    06-09-12 11:55 PM
    Thanks for shairing, I was on univarsal search till now, this is great
    06-10-12 03:15 PM
  7. T
    If you prefer universal search, don't forget that bbm is always in the app swticher. Just press and hold the BlackBerry (menu) key. Or you could set it to your convenience key.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    06-10-12 03:22 PM
  8. T
    ... eaiser way to change to shortcut btw is just in home screen > menu key > optiosn instead of going to options > display etc ...
    This is a great shortcut. Thanks! I'm always typing "home" or "preferences" to get to that one.
    06-10-12 03:28 PM
    If you prefer universal search, don't forget that bbm is always in the app swticher. Just press and hold the BlackBerry (menu) key. Or you could set it to your convenience key.
    even faster way press bb key and scroll (any direction) on trackpad and i'll bring it up... well it saves u 0.5 millsecond compared to holding .. actually not sue if trackpad helps maybe its a placebo effect but thats how ive alwasy done it
    06-10-12 03:32 PM
    I started using Universal Search when it came out but recently went back to shortcuts and couldn't be happier. I don't see a reason for the designated "bbm key" on the new curves when shortcuts work so well.
    06-10-12 08:15 PM
    Universal Search is the must have function for me, can't deactive it. BBM icon is on my Homescreen, I use only one touch
    Last edited by tarmpung; 06-10-12 at 10:42 PM.
    06-10-12 10:40 PM
  12. T
    I've always been a fan of keyboard shortcuts, but lately (past year or so) I've been using Universal Search. The shortcuts are wonderful -- I have them all memorized -- but I just find that in a stressful situation, under pressure, it's easier to just start typing a contact's name. When I'm using Universal Search from the home screen, I also make excessive use of the BlackBerry key app switcher. Browser, BBM, and Messages (and applications that I open like IM programs) are always available there (though I have Messages pegged to my convenience key).
    06-10-12 11:10 PM
    I started using Universal Search when it came out but recently went back to shortcuts and couldn't be happier. I don't see a reason for the designated "bbm key" on the new curves when shortcuts work so well.
    Gimmick of course.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-10-12 11:49 PM
    Ha,.... No way i'm tuning off universal search
    06-12-12 08:59 AM
    Universal search is "S". Just sayin

06-13-12 09:46 PM
  16. T
    Universal search is "S". Just sayin

Yes, you're right, but I, when I'm in a hurry, tend to forget to press that first (only happens when I'm in a hurry, lol). Then I hit "k" to type "ken" and lock my phone.
    06-13-12 10:35 PM
    ever since i found out about alt + back (to the right of track pad) it's been a life saver. that trick plus universal serarch, and i'm set.
    06-13-12 11:55 PM
  18. T
    ever since i found out about alt + back (to the right of track pad) it's been a life saver. that trick plus universal serarch, and i'm set.
    Yes, Alt+Back works well. Pressing and holding the BlackBerry key does that, too, on OS5 and up.
    06-13-12 11:59 PM

S=Universal Search
    C=compose
    M=Messages
    N=BBM
    L= Calendar
    U=Calculator
    P=Phone
    A=Contacts
    B=Browser
    C=Compose
    D=Memo Pad
    T=Tasks
    O=Options
    V=Saved Messages
    H=Help

Bonus If installed:
    W=BeWeather
    G=Google Talk
    X=Live Messenger
    Y=Yahoo Messenget
    I=AIM
    Space=QuickLaunch

Hi..m aware about' N' being the shortcut key for bbm and was usin the same till nw..till just few hrs back installed bbm 7.0.1.23.. On my 9900 and since den I am not able to access the shortcut key..Tried resettin the options back frm universal search to application shortcuts..but still the N key dsnt help it out ..where in all othe keys with d designated shortcuts are wrking....Deleted and re installed bbm again..still it dsnt.ANY Reason WHY it a'int Working???
    07-12-13 07:10 AM
    If the default hotkeys are difficult to remember, and/or if you want to have your own hotkeys, take a look at MyOwnHotKeys app in BB World:
    BlackBerry World - MyOwnHotkeys
    07-21-13 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD