Ever since my Storm2 did an 'over the air update' a few weeks back (from Verizon, to 5.0.0.1015), I have been having problems with Blackberry Messenger. After the Storm2 is rebooted, any attempt to use BBM is met with a message indicating some sort of Java error. The message quickly appears, then disappears. The next time I try to start BBM, I get a little box in the center of the screen that says "OK", click on it, still no BBM.

I spoke to tech support at Verizon. They had me do a Security Wipe, then restore my backup to the Storm2. That works fine - BBM is good after going through this process. However, every time the Storm2 is 'completely booted', I'm back to the same problem - BBM not working, and I have to do the whole Security Wipe / Restore Backup thing again.

Today, my battery went completely dead. So, upon connecting to a charger, the Storm2 rebooted, and once again BBM is failing with the Java issue.

Is there any sort of permanent fix for this problem, or am I forever stuck with doing a Security Wipe / Restore Backup every time my Storm2 is booted ?

Thanks
    --Frank
    01-01-11 10:34 PM
    Try downgradeing back to .713

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 12:04 AM
    Ever since my Storm2 did an 'over the air update' a few weeks back (from Verizon, to 5.0.0.1015), I have been having problems with Blackberry Messenger. After the Storm2 is rebooted, any attempt to use BBM is met with a message indicating some sort of Java error. The message quickly appears, then disappears. The next time I try to start BBM, I get a little box in the center of the screen that says "OK", click on it, still no BBM.

I spoke to tech support at Verizon. They had me do a Security Wipe, then restore my backup to the Storm2. That works fine - BBM is good after going through this process. However, every time the Storm2 is 'completely booted', I'm back to the same problem - BBM not working, and I have to do the whole Security Wipe / Restore Backup thing again.

Today, my battery went completely dead. So, upon connecting to a charger, the Storm2 rebooted, and once again BBM is failing with the Java issue.

Is there any sort of permanent fix for this problem, or am I forever stuck with doing a Security Wipe / Restore Backup every time my Storm2 is booted ?

Thanks
    --Frank
    You could try removing BBM and reinstalling it; go for the simple solution first.

01-02-11 01:27 AM
    That would be my suggestion as well. Delete bbm and reinstall it. If you can't delete it, then just try installing it again and when you're prompted to see if you'd like to replace the files, select yes. You can download it from http://www.blackberry.com/messenger.
    01-02-11 10:51 AM
    Has nothing to do with the OS. I have been using 1015 since it leaked and frankly I am happy. It is probably a corrupted file with his bbm an deleting it and re-installing it should fix the issue.

Try downgradeing back to .713

01-02-11 12:29 PM
    Im having a similar problem. Upon complete reboot (battery pull), My contacts disappear. I have to restore them from local backup for them to appear in contacts list. Remote back up will not show them. I dont get sound notifications and when I get an incoming bbm message it shows a new bbm msg icon but it doesn't show it under chats. I have it displaying through the message application and i can access the chats there, but not through bbm. I tried deleting bbm and reinstalling... no help.
    Now, everytime I click on bbm icon to open bbm it freezes my phone. Any suggestions on what this could be?
    PS: This all happened after i installed the most recent patch for .1015
    Last edited by mrismail; 01-03-11 at 02:14 AM.
    01-03-11 02:02 AM
    This is happening to me too!! I have tried everything even a brand new phone (which Verizon suggested) and every time I re-sync with my Desktop Manager I'm back to the same error message and nothing working. I want to downgrade to 0713 but I can't figure out how to do it. Can someone send me a link for this please?
    01-12-11 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD