We recenlty got two BlackBerry Curve 8330s. Somenone from our family left to study in Italy and we were told by Sprint that they could use BBM to contact us back in US. Will have full unlimited data service for the phones.

Someone just told us that BBM service is only avavilable with a Treo on Sprint, not the Curve.

Does anyone know facts or have any recommendations. Are there additional costs?

Thanks
    01-23-10 11:08 PM
    As long as data is available in their area, either through the carrier or WiFi, it should be no problem at all. I have a few BBM friends in Europe, and it's as quick back and forth there, as when I message my neighbor.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 11:13 PM
    Wow! Where to start?

I'm fairly sure that Italy is a GSM area and that a CDMA device will not work there.

The 8330 does not have WiFi.

If the area in Italy where they are going does have CDMA coverage, the person going there will need to be sure to have an International Data Plan on their BlackBerry in order for BBM to work.

And as to the comment regarding BBM working on a Treo? Wow! BBM will not work on a Palm device.
    01-24-10 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD