Hi, i have been using my bold 9780 for some time now without any issues....I recently updated my profile status in bbm put person in my contact list can only see part of the profile messages and some of my emoticons when sent, show up as letters and symbols...can anyone shed some light on whats going on?
    01-26-12 08:22 PM
    Hi, i have been using my bold 9780 for some time now without any issues....I recently updated my profile status in bbm put person in my contact list can only see part of the profile messages and some of my emoticons when sent, show up as letters and symbols...can anyone shed some light on whats going on?
    Sounds like they have an older version of BBM. Newer emoticons (such as :]xx) will show up as letters/symbols rather than smileys, until your friend updates to the new version of BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 09:52 PM
    thanks for the suggestion, it may be a lil more than that because the first person to point it out to me was my girlfriend who has Touch 9810 and i believe she has an updated version but nerveless i will look into it........it may explain the emoticon situation but still not sure for the profile msg being cut in half
    01-27-12 03:47 AM
    The personal message field is extended with the new BBM too, so maybe those on older versions might not be able to see the full thing if you exceeded the limit on previous versions (?).
    01-29-12 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD