I got myself a new black 9700 the other day, loaded on the new BBM and was very pleased...
    My wife got her white 9700 the other day, loaded on the new BBM and am having problems...
    BBM is on the phone and can be opened but that is where it ends. I can't get past the BBM License Agreement screen. Clicking on I Accept does NOTHING, clicking on I Do Not Accept also does nothing!! All I can do from this screen is go back home with the end key. I have deleted BBM and reinstalled from App World and there is still no resolution...

Help please!!

BTW... I am on Rogers in Toronto.

Thanks,

J
    07-10-10 12:37 AM
    If you know how, you may want to do a wipe or at least upgrade to the latest OS. Could be and older OS issue.
    07-10-10 12:39 AM
    i doubt its the OS involved. its possible the download from appworld could be bad or corrupted. goto www.blackberry.com/messenger and download it from there. see if that fixes it.
    07-10-10 12:57 AM
    Just for fun... how do you wipe the OS?? I am willing to try anything...
    When I go to the site and click download I am asked to enter an email address... is that what you mean by download it from there or is there a file I am looking for??

Would it matter that I have a data plan and my wife does not??
    07-10-10 03:00 AM
    i doubt its the OS involved. its possible the download from appworld could be bad or corrupted. goto www.blackberry.com/messenger and download it from there. see if that fixes it.
    +1 for me . . . a battery pull afterwards could do it
    07-10-10 03:04 AM
    When I go to the site and click download I am asked to enter an email address... is that what you mean by download it from there or is there a file I am looking for??

I believe it does
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-10-10 at 07:47 AM.
    07-10-10 03:09 AM

Absolutely!! No data plan, no bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-10-10 06:33 AM
    Yup, exactly... Need a Blackberry data plan... Without it, no BBM, no email, no IM, no apps... Without a bb data plan all the can do is SMS and phone calls

07-10-10 07:40 AM
    She does get emails and she can download apps. She can not use the browser though... does any of this make sense??
    She had an 8310 for a few years and nothing has changed with plans or anything... I would have assumed that a straight switch from the 8310 to the 9700 would be no problem...
    07-10-10 02:23 PM
    She does get emails and she can download apps. She can not use the browser though... does any of this make sense??
    She had an 8310 for a few years and nothing has changed with plans or anything... I would have assumed that a straight switch from the 8310 to the 9700 would be no problem...
    If she does not have a Blackberry data plan, she cannot use BBM, the native browser, or e-mail. Even on WiFi neither of these can be accomplished through the Blackberry network.
    07-10-10 02:28 PM
    just be safe and call the carrier and ask whats on the account... and if she wants to be on a data plan, make sure its a BB data plan...
    07-10-10 02:41 PM
    doesnt Rogers offer an Email only plan. this would allow her to use BB data for emails and thats it. you need to have the full data plan in order to use most apps, email, browser and BBM. not having the right data plan is like the key to the solution here, dont leave that out next time lol.

one question, is her phone for work on BES? if so, they may have BBM's and internet blocked.
    07-10-10 11:29 PM
    That may be the case, that she has an email only plan. Strange how BBM worked just fine with her 8310 though... We will call Rogers on Monday.
    07-11-10 12:46 AM
    That may be the case, that she has an email only plan. Strange how BBM worked just fine with her 8310 though... We will call Rogers on Monday.
    yea it definitely sounds like her data plan isnt provisioned for anything other than emails.
    07-11-10 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD