Hi everyone! Maybe you all will be able to help me because the people at Bell sure don't seem to be able to. I got my first Bold about 2 weeks ago. It came with the older BBM, so it prompted me to download version 5.0.33- I did this and had nothing but problems with it.. It would freeze up mid conversation, wouldn't be able to see what I was writing, but could see it once it was sent and in the chat window. I would have to end the chat every couple of sentences to be able to see what I was writing and one day I had to battery pull 5 times to make it work. I called Bell and they told me to return the phone because it was a software issue and to get another one.. Well I did that and now I am having the exact same issue (after downloading the new BBM again). Is there anyway to down grade to the older BBM (which I had zero problems with)? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling BBM and there seem to be no solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-21-09 10:51 AM
    Which BBM are you using now?
    12-21-09 11:29 AM
    this may not help this situation but going forward, I recommend backing up your unit before installing anything.....I learned this lesson the hard way....it takes less than a minute to do and will save you hours of headaches....
    12-21-09 11:30 AM
    I have had the same issues with my bbm. It has done it with .33 as well as the new .56. I also have problems with the delivery time. It sometimes takes forever to send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 01:20 PM
    I believe .33 but where do I go to find out?
    Mine is doing the same thing bilmaga, and sometimes people don't even receive the messages.
    12-21-09 01:57 PM
    I believe .33 but where do I go to find out?
    Mine is doing the same thing bilmaga, and sometimes people don't even receive the messages.
    Go to options, advanced options, applications. It will say in there. I have had lots of messages not send as well, or if I send multiple messages, they deliver out of order lol!

12-21-09 02:08 PM
    I was able to go back to the old version of 4.6.0.18 (this one doesn't mess up on me at all). I was running the .56 and that was the version that was giving me all the headaches. I would much rather use the new one, but if its not going to work for me I guess I am stuck with the V4.6
    12-21-09 02:24 PM
    1 more quick question.. I gave my friend my old pearl and my emails were going to my bold and 2 her phone. I called my provider and they deleted my email off her phone.. Now I can't get email to my phone either. When I go to set it up the only option I have is 2 use a work email account with a BES... How do I just set up my email normally?
    12-21-09 02:48 PM
    1 more quick question.. I gave my friend my old pearl and my emails were going to my bold and 2 her phone. I called my provider and they deleted my email off her phone.. Now I can't get email to my phone either. When I go to set it up the only option I have is 2 use a work email account with a BES... How do I just set up my email normally?
    Go here from your computer to set it up
    12-21-09 03:29 PM
    i would be willing to bet that it's due to an old OS on the phone, i would recommend one of the latest official builds for the 9000, or even the 5.0.0.411 build, as it is extremely stable for nearly everyone, then upgrading bbm
    12-21-09 03:53 PM
    Happened to me with the 4.6 builds, went up to .411 and hasn't happened again.

12-21-09 03:56 PM
    Just follow katiepea's advise!!!

12-21-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD