Here's my issue noted to be occurring for approimately two days now.

I operate a Bold 9700 with v.0.0.743 .. BBM is latest version too.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever until two days ago.

I am finding that my BBM contacts profile picturs are not getting updated and that my friends aren't seeing my profile picture updates. We can communicate fine, with no issue, and status updates are updating on both ends without issue. It's the profile pictures where the issue lies.

I've searched high and low. Is this something to do with a temporary BB server problem or does something else need to be done?

Thank you in advance to all that reply.
    09-19-10 02:36 PM
    I think this is a BB server issue because me and my friends are facing the same problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 02:44 PM
    I figured. Thank you Balli 55 .... I will give it a few days before trying re-sets.
    09-19-10 02:46 PM
    I have a cousin that had this type of problem. I, and others on his BBM contact list, weren't recieving his updates or anything like that. I don't know how he solved the problem, but he insisted that it was because his contact list had a lot of people. So, he deleted a bunch of people off his list, and it worked.

I have no idea if that was the fix, but it worked for him! I find it kind of silly, but it worked for him! Give it a shot?

If not, try reinstalling BBM OTA via this link.
    09-19-10 02:51 PM
    I only have 25 contacts. I doubt this is the issue though. Thanks.
    09-19-10 03:04 PM
    I only have 25 contacts. I doubt this is the issue though. Thanks.
    Like I said, I thought it was kind of silly..
    09-19-10 03:14 PM
    I just got off the phone with my carrier. (Rogers - Toronto) This was bugging me! lol

They have been aware of the situation since yesterday and have accelerated the issue to RIMM. It is not just me. They indicate it is a network problem and they received communication today indicating that the issue should be resolved by the end of today or at latest, Monday.

Hoep that helps anyone else.
    09-19-10 03:15 PM
    have the same problem
    09-19-10 04:46 PM
    My friend who just purchased a new 9300 curve from Telus yesterday is also having this issue. No one can see her bbm pic, and she can't see anyone elses bbm pics. However, she's able to see people's status'. Hopefully this RIM issue gets fixed soon!
    09-19-10 05:41 PM
    Yes....friends report it sporadically. I'm geting some updates but not all, and likewise with my friends. Hope RIM fixes this. By the way, my friend on the Bell mobility network changed their pic 4 times today and I got all 4 updates. They still can't see mine (Rogers Network). Don't know if the network makes a difference.
    09-19-10 06:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/bb...e-help-530477/

Found another thread with somebody seeking some help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 09:29 PM
    i have the same problem with my 9700, i had to replace my old one. Now the new one won't let me restore my old BBM list i had saved to my email. At the same time i can't see anyone ones pictures on my list right now and they can't see mine. I really hope its just a network problem and they fix it soon. !
    09-19-10 10:24 PM
    I believe it's been a problem on RIM's end. Yesterday I updated my hybrid and when I reloaded BBM (because the OS came with an older version), I didn't have any profile pictures either. At first I thought maybe it meant I had been deleted off their lists so the reason I didn't see pictures was because of a privacy issue of some sort, but I hadn't been deleted. I was able to communicate with people on my list, just fine.

And then this morning, voila! Profile pictures and status updates are back.
    09-20-10 12:56 AM
    I am having the same issue with Verizon 9650..status updates are showing up but profile pics take a while to update..and anyone new on my bbm not showing the picture at all. I have tried deleting BBM..but my phone freezes when i try to do that...HELP
    09-20-10 08:30 AM
    Hi all

I am having a sort of similar problem with my BBM instead of not getting any updates, I keep getting the same updates from 2 of my contacts - sometimes twice a day. (nothing changes just the same update) Not a big deal really but its odd.

BGK
    09-20-10 03:03 PM
    I'm in England and everyone I know on BBM is having this problem. Pics are not updating. If you add a new contact, you wont see their pic and also if they change it you'll see their old one.

Hope it gets sorted

-ixa
    09-20-10 07:14 PM
    i am having a similar prob on my 9700 vodafone UK carrier all my old contacts are fine just the ones added since saturday cant see there profile pictures and they cant see mine.. all updates and conversations are working fine
    09-21-10 09:02 AM
    I'm in England and everyone I know on BBM is having this problem. Pics are not updating. If you add a new contact, you wont see their pic and also if they change it you'll see their old one.

Hope it gets sorted

-ixa
    hi ixa.. im not even seeing the old pictures when they change theres i have asked all my contacts all 22 of them(loads of friends me) and still nothing
    09-21-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD