hi, is anyone else having issues with their bbm not delivering msg's or receiving?

i'm just trying to figure out if i have to call my carrier again or if this is from RIM's end.
    07-15-10 10:49 PM
    yeah ive been experiencing this issue too for about a week now
    07-15-10 10:50 PM
    check the carrier outtage forum or the native apps forum.
    07-15-10 10:52 PM
    There have been literally hundreds of posts about this in the last 4-5 days. Almost everyone seems to be having this issues.
    07-15-10 10:53 PM
    for the past three days i havent been able to bring up my keyboard in bbm for grou chats and half the time i cant use bbm for just one on one chat ..wierd started on monday and tonight its totally dead in my group chat function and about 50 percent in one on one chat
    07-15-10 10:57 PM
    yeah ive been experiencing this issue too for about a week now
    its been about that same time frame for me as well... guess its coming from RIM's end
    07-15-10 10:58 PM
    I called Verizon and they told me to wipe my phone and reinstall ...I really dont want o go throught that hassle jeesh if it does continue they said they would send me a refurb soo i will try it friday night or sat. maybe that will work if not i will see if a refurb will work ...Oh yeah they said it sounded like something on my phone was corrupt ?
    07-15-10 11:18 PM
    I called Verizon and they told me to wipe my phone and reinstall ...I really dont want o go throught that hassle jeesh if it does continue they said they would send me a refurb soo i will try it friday night or sat. maybe that will work if not i will see if a refurb will work ...Oh yeah they said it sounded like something on my phone was corrupt ?

I don't think you're going to need a refurb at all. Again, many many many users around the world are having the same issues with BBM. "D" / "R" issues, contacts vanishing, delivery delays (short, long, very long and anywhere in between), messages being delivered in the wrong order, etc. have all been reported over and over again on the forums here and elsewhere. The keyboard issue, by the way, has been fixed in the BETA version of BBM released in the BlackberryBETA Zone. You should sign up, if you haven't already, and download that version.
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-15-10 at 11:25 PM.
    07-15-10 11:22 PM
    ok thanks for the info! have a good one.
    07-15-10 11:38 PM
    for the past three days i havent been able to bring up my keyboard in bbm for grou chats and half the time i cant use bbm for just one on one chat ..wierd started on monday and tonight its totally dead in my group chat function and about 50 percent in one on one chat
    this happened to my buddy with his Storm 2. once he upgraded to the new beta BBM, the problem was solved. you can also pull up the keyboard manually somewhere in the menu by selecting to reply or something. that was a workaround he found. i think its a BBM issue, not something hardware related. no need to get rid of the device over it.
    07-16-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD