Hello fellow crackberry heads:

I just upgraded from an AT&T Bold 9000 to a VZW Bold 9650. I love the device but I have one major problem. Some of my BBM messages are not delivered. I just get a check mark but no "D" or "R" next to it. Sometimes these messages get delivered hours later, sometimes never. Others go through seamlessly. This happens to messages to multiple contacts so I know it is on my end.

I've tried the basic troubleshooting steps. I have done a battery pull, re-registered the device through the host routing table. I also have an outdated BPS server which I have restarted. I don't see any errors in the logs either.

Anyone have any other troubleshooting steps? Thanks in advance.
    07-14-10 02:51 PM
    I dont think its you.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bbm-failure-494924/

I been having the same issues.
    07-14-10 02:58 PM
    The only thing I can tell you is that the check mark means it was sent. This happens to me sometimes too what your explaining. When someone's phone isn't on it will not show a D because it wasn't delivered to the phone. Also if someone is on the phone and talking, it will not show a D until they ended that call (on verizon, don't know about the other carriers)The R means that the person has read the message.

The only way I can say to you that you are having a problem is if you call a friend, made sure their phone is on and they aren't on the phone, and you still don't get a D withing a minute or less of them receiving it.

Hope that helps.
    07-14-10 03:01 PM
    It's been happening on and off the last few days
    07-14-10 03:05 PM
    I read a post on here today about this but I can't remember where it was. I think I was something to do with vzw to sprint using the BBM. And it was on the sprint end of things. Look around here you'll find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 03:05 PM
    The only thing I can tell you is that the check mark means it was sent. This happens to me sometimes too what your explaining. When someone's phone isn't on it will not show a D because it wasn't delivered to the phone. Also if someone is on the phone and talking, it will not show a D until they ended that call (on verizon, don't know about the other carriers)The R means that the person has read the message.

The only way I can say to you that you are having a problem is if you call a friend, made sure their phone is on and they aren't on the phone, and you still don't get a D withing a minute or less of them receiving it.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks - I understand on VZW that if they are on a call they can't get it "delivered." (or if the phone is off).

I know this isnt the problem because i have verified their phone is on and they aren't on a call yet I still have this problem. Also sometimes a message will not go through, but a message 10 seconds later goes through instantly. Very strange.
    07-14-10 03:06 PM
    Thanks - I understand on VZW that if they are on a call they can't get it "delivered." (or if the phone is off).

I know this isnt the problem because i have verified their phone is on and they aren't on a call yet I still have this problem. Also sometimes a message will not go through, but a message 10 seconds later goes through instantly. Very strange.
    Well, I don't know who told you that but I regularly talk on the phone on speakerphone and chat on BBM at the same time with messages being delivered to me and mine getting sent at the same time. I use 3G for voice and wi-fi for my data and I can do both at the same time.

Now if the phone is "off" well that's a different kettle of fish as they say
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-14-10 at 05:29 PM.
    07-14-10 05:24 PM
    If the recipient is usng the mobile network for voice and data, the BBM won't go thru until the call is ended.

On wifi, as jaydee said, you can do both voice and data simultaneously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 05:29 PM
    Well, I don't know who told you that but I regularly talk on the phone on speakerphone and chat on BBM at the same time with messages being delivered to me and mine getting sent at the same time. I use 3G for voice and wi-fi for my data and I can do both at the same time.

Now if the phone is "off" well that's a different kettle of fish as they say
    I understand that you can use wifi on a cdma blackberry to do voice and data simultaneously. It's irrelevant to the the troubleshooting - The issue is not happening because someone is on the phone or it's shut off. Messages are intermittently not being delivered and it is on my end. Anyone have any more ideas on what could cause this?
    07-14-10 11:05 PM
    And I believe several of the other respondents remarked that Verizon was having difficulties over the past few days with data delivery. I know I have as well.

Maybe that's all it is?
    07-15-10 07:30 AM
    I understand that you can use wifi on a cdma blackberry to do voice and data simultaneously. It's irrelevant to the the troubleshooting - The issue is not happening because someone is on the phone or it's shut off. Messages are intermittently not being delivered and it is on my end. Anyone have any more ideas on what could cause this?
    If you don't like the answers you're getting, try searching first! There are a few threads on this subject.

These would be good places to start:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bbm-broken-494948/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...roblem-495460/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bbm-493648/
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-15-10 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add links
    07-15-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD