I/m with Sprint. I can't get a straight answer from them: If someone from LA sends me bbm while I'm in Israel, does it cost them? Does it cost me to respond?
    12-27-09 04:12 PM
    It won't cost the person sending it as long as they are in an area that is covered by their data plan.

As for you, do you have an International Data Plan? If so and if it covers BlackBerry Data, then it won't cost you extra. If you don't, then you will likely get huge charges for roaming data.

Note that it will cost you whether you respond or not. It will cost you just to receive the data, as well.
    12-27-09 04:28 PM
    This is very true. Not sure hwat srints rate is but with VZW without a data plan, it is $20.48 per MB
    12-27-09 04:30 PM
    You can get unlimited international data for $40 a month...covers all your bbm, browsing, email, etc. Just call sprint and tell them you want it activated for the time you are away...ie 2 weeks = ~$20
    12-27-09 04:38 PM
    The person sending something through blackberry servers has no extra charges except their own data and BB plan.

While you are in israel, you pay your part and the person in LA pays their own plan for regular access regardless of where the message gets sent - like sending email, it doesnt matter where it goes. As oppesed to international text message where the sender and receiver pay extra.

I/m with Sprint. I can't get a straight answer from them: If someone from LA sends me bbm while I'm in Israel, does it cost them? Does it cost me to respond?
    01-13-10 07:41 AM
    If you are both on a Data-plan and the BBM is covered in it, you shouldn't worry,
    about getting charged. Just make sure you have a data-plan added on it.
    And you are good to go, without a BIS, data-plan you can't BBM each other though.
    If you are going to travel make sure you have it all covered up with your carrier.
    So that you won't get charged unexpected.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-24-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD