Hi, when I go to BBM I click on CONTACTS

It shows my friends names.

Some have a smiley face to the left of it plain and some have a smiley face with a clock on it, what does the clock symbol mean?
    07-11-08 04:00 PM
    I believe it means they're away. If you highlight their name and then select 'contact info' from the menu it will give your their status.
    07-11-08 04:02 PM
    You are correct, thanks!
    07-11-08 04:10 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    07-12-08 01:11 AM
    Welcome to CB
    07-13-08 11:39 AM
    If it says Contact is Busy - what does that mean they're doing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 06:55 AM
    Icons:
    While in a Conversation
    - Clock - This icon mean the im is preparing to send from your handset to RIM.
    - Bullseye - data is transmitting to RIM
    - Checkmark - RIM has recieved the IM
    - Checkmark w/D - IM has been delievered to Handset (s)
    - Checkmark w/R - IM has been read by party or aleast the part has the convo open on their end.
    While on Contacts screen
    - Blue smiley face - Contact is available -IM's can be delievered
    - Blue Smiley face w/X - DND - Contact is unavailable - IM's are only delievered if a current Convo is already open. New convos IM will be held at RIM until status change.
    - Blue smiley face with grey clock - Contact is busy or Unreachable - all IM's are held at RIM until Contact becomes reachable. Busy is usually an indication that contact is on the Phone and data is not able to get through.
    - Blue smiley face with message balloon - Contact is currently typing a message.
    Hi, when I go to BBM I click on CONTACTS

It shows my friends names.

Some have a smiley face to the left of it plain and some have a smiley face with a clock on it, what does the clock symbol mean?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:21 PM
    I saw an icon tonight that is not listed! Any clue what the Smiley with three curves means? It has 3 curves, like an audio/speaker symbol, rather than the clock. It appears and disappears momentarily while speaking with someone. The messages are not delivered until the lines disappear, a clock appears, then all of the messages during the "curvy line" icon are finally delivered. My friend has no clue what was causing it because he was not on the phone or anything.
    06-29-09 09:53 PM
    I saw an icon tonight that is not listed! Any clue what the Smiley with three curves means? It has 3 curves, like an audio/speaker symbol, rather than the clock. It appears and disappears momentarily while speaking with someone. The messages are not delivered until the lines disappear, a clock appears, then all of the messages during the "curvy line" icon are finally delivered. My friend has no clue what was causing it because he was not on the phone or anything.
    I have this problem too, none of my messages are being received. I went to my contacts and their status information says unreachable..not sure why though
    07-23-09 11:15 AM
    i took the battery out and then my bbm started to work again
    07-23-09 12:07 PM
    Does anyone know what the )))) symbol stands for after you send a message im thinking its not been sent not sure though and if it is that then will it be sent eventually ?
    03-30-10 01:20 PM
    The )))) symbol means it is attempting to transmit your message. It will be replaced with a checkmark with D when the message has been successfully delivered to your contact. If not successfully delivered there will be no icon.
    05-16-10 01:34 AM
    so im DAMN new to this...lol
    im looking for bbm icons. can anyone help?
    Last edited by maru90; 07-27-10 at 10:00 PM.
    07-27-10 09:54 PM
    i have a plain blue speach bubble and every time i recive a text or bbm the nukber goes up but when i clik on it it says no new noteifactions how do i get rid of it?
    10-22-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD