OK, here's the situation:

I was running BBM 5.0.0.37 on the previous OS 4.5 build for the 8320 and it worked great for me. I then saw the update to 4.5.0.313 and installed it. Once I did that, the icon stopped appearing. Security is set to default. The funny thing is that when I did it on my wife's phone (was running BBM 4.5 originally), it upgraded without any issues. I can uninstall 5.0.0.37 and install 4.5 from the OS, but I'd like to get BBM 5.0 installed again.

If you have any ideas, let me know.
    Last edited by osutuba; 07-31-10 at 11:15 PM.
    07-31-10 11:10 PM
    Over 100 Views and no replies? Wow. Just ... wow.
    08-02-10 09:43 AM
    first of all.........what???? maybe if you worded it better, people would care to respond.

your wording is confusing me. what do you want to do? oh and there is no BBM 5.0.0.37. there was 5.0.0.57, which is the newest official version. if all you want to do it download the newest BBM, goto www.blackberry.com/messenger in your BB browser.
    08-03-10 01:43 AM
    first of all.........what???? maybe if you worded it better, people would care to respond.

your wording is confusing me. what do you want to do? oh and there is no BBM 5.0.0.37. there was 5.0.0.57, which is the newest official version. if all you want to do it download the newest BBM, goto www.blackberry.com/messenger in your BB browser.
    First of all, thank you for replying. At least I now understand why I got no response.

Secondly, the version of BBM was a typo on my part and I didn't catch it.

Now, let me better explain:

I was running BBM 5.0.0.57 on OS 4.5.0.306 with no problem. When I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.313, the icon disappeared. The icon was not hidden. As a troubleshooting step, I removed it and put BBM 4.5 back on; the icon returned. When I then went into App World and downloaded/upgraded BBM back to 5.0.0.57, the same thing happened.

Right now, I'm running BBM 4.5 and seem to be doing OK, so if nobody has a solution I'll just stick with it for now.
    08-03-10 10:25 AM
    Did you set all permissions to Allow? Reboot after install?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 05:56 PM
    Did you set all permissions to Allow? Reboot after install?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I didn't have to tweak any settings upon install before upgrading the OS and was never prompted to do so after reinstalling. I also rebooted after installing AND pulled the battery
    08-03-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD