I have a bbm icon on my screen suggesting that I have 1 unread message when I don't. Why? How can I get rid of it? I rebooted my bb twice but it won't go away. Thanks for ur help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 08:41 PM
    You're probably doing a "soft" reboot. Try doing a battery pull, pull the battery out of your phone and put it back in after a few seconds. If you've already tried that, have one of your contacts message you and delete it, see if that'd get rid of it.
    11-13-10 08:46 PM
    Tried all that already, icon still there! So annoying!

11-13-10 10:07 PM
    I have tried to download bbm to no avail. I have bb curve 8530. It starts to download then a message appears "blackberry mess:research in motion limited" contains a module called "net_rim_bb_qm_peer." a module with that name already exists in the bbm application. If you proceed, "bbm" will be replaced by bbm:research in motion limited" Proceed? I have hit no and cancelled and I have hit yes and it will continue to download but won"t finish this mess comes agian. Help!
    11-14-10 01:02 AM
    If you can, just wait for it to disappear. I had it once too, I don't know what to do, so I just ignored it. And it went away after awhile...
    Another method, is to delete all messages from the desktop manager.

11-14-10 01:05 AM
    @nannyofthree

Where did you downloaded it from? I supposed you are downloading over the air.
    Delete your old bbm(with the errors) and do a battery pull.
    Then download again, however I suggest from BB app world.

Anyway, you should have BBM pre-installed in your Blackberry, did you deleted it ?

11-14-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD