My phone recently started showing I have a bbm message and there's nothing there... How do I clear it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 01:43 AM
    With the device turned on, pull out the battery. Then put it back in and allow the device to start back up.
    04-22-10 06:59 AM
    With the device turned on, pull out the battery. Then put it back in and allow the device to start back up.
    I did that, and still it shows the bbm icon...

04-22-10 08:33 AM
    I did that, and still it shows the bbm icon...

I had this happen before once and the only way i got it to go away was removed bbm and reinstalled it. it only takes a few min according to how fast your phone restarts after removing it. just point your browser to BlackBerry Messenger and all will be good. you can backup all contacts to the phone or memory card and restore them after install
    04-22-10 10:33 AM
    mine is doing this too. i uninstalled BBM and reinstalled it and the icon is still there. Are there any more ideas on how to make this icon go away. My icon is yellow instead of blue like it usually is if that helps any
    04-22-10 10:37 AM
    Yellow icon must be something else. I've never seen a yellow icon associated with BBM
    04-22-10 10:53 AM
    I am having this same issue except with the "new message" icon at the top of the screen. When I scroll over the SMS and MMS icon it says I have one unread message. I have deleted every email, text, picture message, and bbm message but it is still there. I have no messages on my phone at all! I even checked skype and facebook just in case even though that message icon looks different. I also tried the battery pull twice. The icon appeared after I did the new OS update yesterday.

Any advice would be helpful it is really annoying to not know if I truly have a new message.
    04-22-10 12:54 PM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U(for unread) button. Check all folders including Hidden folders, Saved Message folder, PIN messages, Missed Calls logged in Message folder. Open any Missed Calls logged.

If you have your general " Messages" folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. PIN messages and App World update messages are only logged in this folder.

Try a battery pull.

Any of these?

04-22-10 12:57 PM
    I am having this same issue except with the "new message" icon at the top of the screen. When I scroll over the SMS and MMS icon it says I have one unread message. I have deleted every email, text, picture message, and bbm message but it is still there. I have no messages on my phone at all! I even checked skype and facebook just in case even though that message icon looks different. I also tried the battery pull twice. The icon appeared after I did the new OS update yesterday.

Any advice would be helpful it is really annoying to not know if I truly have a new message.
    That's your answer. You must have an unread SMS or MMS hiding somewhere. Check all your folders. It happened to me before too.
    04-22-10 01:29 PM
    I had this happen before once and the only way i got it to go away was removed bbm and reinstalled it. it only takes a few min according to how fast your phone restarts after removing it. just point your browser to BlackBerry Messenger and all will be good. you can backup all contacts to the phone or memory card and restore them after install
    this worked, I had to un install BBM, then re install it! sure enough it finally went away... it is kind of a hassle if this happens again, but hey... it works! im just happy to have my BBM back!
    04-22-10 06:45 PM
    this worked, I had to un install BBM, then re install it! sure enough it finally went away... it is kind of a hassle if this happens again, but hey... it works! im just happy to have my BBM back!
    glad it worked out for you. Since I have done this a couple months ago it hasn't happened to me again. I believe it may have had something to do with upgrading from an older version of BBM to another.
    04-23-10 07:27 PM
    My phone recently started showing I have a bbm message and there's nothing there... How do I clear it?

I had this happen to me too. I found that I had ignored a friend request that was still being stored in a folder. If you go to options, you may find that you have an ignored friend request. If you reboot your phone, you will be able to go back and "decline" the invitation and the bbm notification will disappear.

04-25-10 08:49 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Eliminate all ignored contacts in your BBM contact list with open BBM application, click BB menu, select OPTIONS search ignored Contacts, then click EDIT, tick all PIN contacts and click OK.
    (Note: For those who never ignore the contact, you will not see the option, skip this step).

2. After that, press ALT LGLG, then CLEAR LOG, then answer YES.
    Then turn off and unplug your BlackBerry handheld battery, remove your sim card.After that reinstall your battery without the sim card.
    Let your BlackBerry Handheld restart without sim card.Then go to the BlackBerry Messenger application, youll see whats causing BBM messenger notification.

3. Once again, restart your BlackBerry, turn off your BlackBerry handheld.
    Disconnect the battery again. Reinstall the sim card and reinstall the batteries.
    10-13-10 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD