My BB currently saves my BBM history to my device but after a few days of messages it starts wiping older messages from the contact who I am currently messaging.

I've tried saving them to the media card but it doesn't seem to save there for some contacts. Tried updating the OS but it made no difference.

I know it's not a big deal but it would be nice for it save my history there. Anyone got any solutions?

Thanks.
    01-29-10 06:30 PM
    when your looking at a contact click the menu key and view history all your history should be there.. I think only so many messages stay in the timeline during a conversation
    01-29-10 08:52 PM
    No, it's gone from there.

Maybe a wipe of the handset could do the trick?
    01-30-10 10:27 AM
    are you saving it to your device? or memory card... if its device its because you dont have enough memory to save to, so the device deletes older messages to make room for the new stuff...

what you need to do is (preferred) save it to a memory card... if not then you need to go into your media icon, hit menu, options, and change the option for device memory limit from 5MBs to a higher number... but doing this will remove that memory from application space... i highly recommend getting a micro SDcard and saving to that
    01-30-10 11:26 AM
    Ahh, I see - thanks for your reply C_86.

It was set to 12mb but I've upgraded it to 15mb now hmm.

Yeah, I already have a SD card but it doesn't seem to want to save to there. I transferred from an 8900 to the 9700 and did Device Switch Wizard - all my history from the 8900 is on the SD card. When I select save to SD then I can view my old history but nothing seems to save to there now.

Any ideas?
    01-30-10 04:40 PM
    Ahh, I see - thanks for your reply C_86.

It was set to 12mb but I've upgraded it to 15mb now hmm.

Yeah, I already have a SD card but it doesn't seem to want to save to there. I transferred from an 8900 to the 9700 and did Device Switch Wizard - all my history from the 8900 is on the SD card. When I select save to SD then I can view my old history but nothing seems to save to there now.

Any ideas?
    01-30-10 04:42 PM
    Anyone else got any ideas?
    01-31-10 12:34 PM
    go into options> memory> menu> repair card... then go back into BBM and see if you can change the save location from device to memory card after that, it could be that the card may be corrupt to the point there some parts of the OS dont see it... give that a try
    01-31-10 04:33 PM
    No, it's still not saving for some people.

Maybe I should delete my previous phone's history off the SD card? What should the file structure be, I could have it wrong - there are a lot of files in IM folder. Some with extension OLD and CSV too I think.
    02-01-10 12:10 PM
    i would try maybe deleting BBM of your device... plug the BB into the PC, copy and paste everything from your SD card onto your desktop... format the SD card...

delete the whole IM folder on your device memory... install BBM again, and put everything back onto the SD card from the desktop (after format)... and then see if that helps... and then change the setting back to save on SD card

i really hope that made some sense... it makes sense in my head but yea
    02-01-10 06:18 PM
    Will try this, not sure it will work.

I was looking at the contacts it's not willing to save the history for and it's the people I talk to the most. The file size gets to 11kb then the extension gets changed to OLD and a new CSV file gets created.
    02-02-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD