Hi everyone!

This is my first posting here even if i was reading stuff here since ages

Yesterday i went out and my BB droped into some water...the device is still running but the keyboard and the trackball dont work anymore...

Now the big problem is, that my girlfriend sended me tons of BBM messages and i cant read them and they are really really important!
    Is ther any way how i can acess the device and get them? I mean by doing a backup it dosnt backup the history to my computer so i could read it? is ther any other way?

pls help me
    02-24-10 01:34 PM
    There isn't another way to read your BBM messages, maybe you could just ask her what she said?

Also, try to dry out your BlackBerry by taking out the battery and following some of the ideas here like putting it in a bowl of rice. Using it when it gets wet can cause shorts, but it sounds like yours did already and will have to be replaced.
    02-24-10 01:39 PM
    If you did not take the steps to properly dry the phone and did not immediately
    remove power (battery) from the phone the thing is toast. Get a new phone and
    ask her what her messages were. If they are "really really important" she'll remember.
    02-24-10 01:40 PM
    When I do a backup of my Curve 8330 on my computer using Desktop Manager, it DOES NOT backup BBM messages. Therefore, unless the Tour operates differently, I don't believe a backup will save the BBM messages for you to read. In fact, a backup can't be read unless you download and install a a program made especially to read that type of format.

Someone else here may have an idea for you. I'm sorry, that's all I can tell you right now.Doesn't it stink when you're without BBM???
    02-24-10 01:41 PM
    There is an option in BBM5 to save messages to SD card, but you have to have that option turned on before the messages arrive. You can then view history from BBM, or going through the folder listing.

If your phone if off, then the messages should arrive once you dry your phone out and (hopefully) can revive it. They may be lost forever if you have to swap BBs.
    02-24-10 03:02 PM