I recently updated to the latest OS. I believe my BBM stopped working at some point after this but I'm not certain. I upgraded to the latest BBM. After this, every message I send just has the little red clock, I don't get any updates, don't recieve any requests, and any requests I send are pending. I have deleted BBM and reinstalled it several times and I'm stuck in the same situation. I'm not sure my BBM has updated, the appearance is still the same from what I can see. I have noticed that when the install is complete, it takes me to a screen where it asks for my screen name, and also has a clickable link to restored my back up files, however before I can do anything I'm taken immediately to the main screen on BBM.

It says my BBM version is 6.0.0.129. I have a Bold 9780, v6.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-09-11 09:35 AM
    Are your other BlackBerry-specific functions working properly? Push email, web browser, etc? Are you connected to BIS/BES? Open Manage Connections, then hit Service Status. It will list BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server. One of those will show either WiFi, Mobile Network, or Not Connected.

Try going to Menu Key>Options>Restore Backup. Alternately, try doing a selective restore of BBM from your last backup file with Desktop Manager.
    09-09-11 09:48 AM
    Yes, if you don't have other data (ie, you're not connected to BIS) you can go to Advanced Options , Host Routing Table, press the BlackBerry button and select "Register Now". Pull the battery, and when it reboots you should have service again. If not, call your service provider. If you're other BIS functions work, try rrrebo's suggestion.
    09-09-11 11:57 AM
    Blackberry Registration: Yes Connected to Blackberry: Yes Blackberry Pin Pin: No.
    Yesterday these all said abort so I registered my device again and now it says that. However, I'm still unable to download BBM from the App World program, it says its uninstalled but does not give any option to reinstall. I'm seriously considering resetting my device to its factory settings, how can I do this?
    09-10-11 07:40 AM
    I have been seeing that ввм has become amazingly slow in the last few weeks.
    Especially after upgrading to ввм 6.
    Red clocks are a norm now.
    Pics and voice notes take ages to transfer.
    It is so confusing and irritating now.

And it seems as if this problem is common in many parts of the world with different networks.

Is RIM aware of this?

Has ввм lost its' charm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 12:52 PM
    Try reinstalling your whole os
    09-10-11 02:02 PM
    Tried re installing OS.
    Tried upgrading to different os.
    Tried downgrading ввм.
    Tried deleting the ввм and fresh install.

The result is still same;
    SLOW as a SNAIL.

God!! Please save ввм!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD