I just got my new blackberry today. I installed app world and then downloaded and installed bbm. However I can't receive bbm requests from my friends and when I try and add them it just says pending.

I do have a data plan and the latest version of bbm installed. Anyone ever encounter this problem before? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-27-10 11:15 PM
    You have to wait until they accept your invite...and then you receive a return invite...is your phone activated properly??? Call CS and make sure you're phone is set up right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 06:01 AM
    I have talked to other people and they say that under my name on their bbm it says pending approval as well so both phones say the same thing. As far as I know my phone was set up properly and I talked to the people at Virgin and they said I had data and everything looked fine.
    08-28-10 08:01 AM
    I have talked to other people and they say that under my name on their bbm it says pending approval as well so both phones say the same thing. As far as I know my phone was set up properly and I talked to the people at Virgin and they said I had data and everything looked fine.
    bbm should have been on your berry when you bought it....do you have 2 versions on your berry?????
    08-28-10 08:43 AM
    The real question here is: Do you have BIS? BBM demands BIS service to work. If you do, do your friends?
    08-28-10 11:05 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu Button>Register Now. That will update your phone with the BB servers and your account.

Internet and bbm should work just fine then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD