Hi there. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I have set up the BBM. My messenger allows people from the UK to add me (which is where I live) and allows me to add them, however whenever people from the US try to add me, I never receive the request and when I try to add people from the US they never receive my request. Is there any way I can change this? I have friends who have the same phone in the UK and theirs allows them to add people from other countries.

Thanks in advance!
    05-22-10 10:20 AM
    You should be able to add and receive requests from any country, I don't think that there's an option that wouldn't let you add and receive requests from different countries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 01:41 PM
    Do these folks in the US have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? If they do not, BBM cannot be used by them, and you will not be able to add them to your BBM contacts.

There is no reason why they should not be able to be added to your BBM contacts if they have a BlackBerry data plan. I am in the US, but I have contacts from other countries.
    05-22-10 01:46 PM
    Yes they do, I checked with them to make sure and they said that they BBM with other people so I don't really understand what the problem is. It's working perfectly fine with people here in the UK, but my friends from the US are still listed as 'pending' even though they said they accepted my requests this morning. Two of my friends also tried to add me but I never received their requests.
    05-22-10 06:38 PM