i want to wipe my phone with bbsak, but i dont want all the back up files to be installed all i want is to keep my Blackberry messenger contacts, its there a way i can keep just the contacts or do i have to use the whole back up file?
    10-30-11 04:25 AM
    i want to wipe my phone with bbsak, but i dont want all the back up files to be installed all i want is to keep my Blackberry messenger contacts, its there a way i can keep just the contacts or do i have to use the whole back up file?
    Sorry nobody's answered you!

Yes, you can very easily do this.
    There are 2 easy methods, so I'd highly recommend setting up both.

With BBM open, click MENU key. (BB logo button)
    Click the O key until Options is highlighted and select it.
    Scroll down to 3rd section, Backup Management. Select the 1st option, Backup.
    There are 2 methods presented, Local Backup and Remote Backup. You want both to be set up.
    Remote associates your BBM "account" with each of your email addresses. In the future if you set up your current or future BB with one of these email addresses, you can have the option of restoring your BBM contacts to that device.
    Local saves your BBM Contacts to your media card.
    As long as you've set these up, once you reset your BB, there's a good chance your BBM Contacts will already be restores when you first open BBM again. Otherwise, go back into the BBM Options and select to Restore a Backup.

Might I ask why you want everything else gone except that? If I know more about your situation, I mighjt have further advice to offer.
    11-04-11 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD