I am having a problem with my BBM working properly on my BB Tour and I don't know if it's my phone itself, the network, or my settings. I can send and receive BBMs fine, just sometimes I have to ping the contact or send another message just to receive their response. I can also go to the wireless update and searh for an update and once it has searched, it will send an BBMs that were sent to me. It is just annoying having to do this every time I send BBMs. But the funny thing is, sometimes it will work just fine and I won't have to do any of the above mentioned. I am on the Verizon network and I did take it in the store and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I also have the most current version of BBM and OS for verizon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Lane
    11-29-10 07:42 PM
    I am having a problem with my BBM working properly on my BB Tour and I don't know if it's my phone itself, the network, or my settings. I can send and receive BBMs fine, just sometimes I have to ping the contact or send another message just to receive their response. I can also go to the wireless update and searh for an update and once it has searched, it will send an BBMs that were sent to me. It is just annoying having to do this every time I send BBMs. But the funny thing is, sometimes it will work just fine and I won't have to do any of the above mentioned. I am on the Verizon network and I did take it in the store and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I also have the most current version of BBM and OS for verizon.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Lane
    How are you verifying that they actually have replied prior to you pinging them or doing the other things? I mean could it just be a coincidence that pinging them and the other stuff are done just prior to them replying?

Seems odd if it works right sometimes but not others...
    11-29-10 09:40 PM
    Thanks, forgot to mention that. I had 2 different friends i tested it with who were right beside me. Mine went through perfectly fine to them and they received it ASAP. Then when they sent it back to me they got a delivered sign but it never came through on my phone unless I tried one of those things i mentioned. I even had them send more than one to see if the second one would kind of push them though. A couple of times their BBM's would come straight through.
    11-29-10 09:46 PM
    Are you all on the same network? What OS do you have (alt+right caps key+h, and then look for "app version")?
    11-29-10 09:56 PM
    Yes, we all have Verizon and I have the current OS 5.0.0.975. I tried an older version of the BBM and even downloaded the new BBM this afternoon from the app world. Can't get anything to work.
    11-29-10 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD