Okay, so I was trying to update my BBM to the new one but couldnt, so i thought maybe I had to delete my old version first. Not the smartest move because apparently the 8310 doesn't support the new BBM so I can't download it and I can't get my old BBM back! A friend suggested I restore my blackberry using the computer but everytime I hook it up via a USB cord it says it is not a strong enough connetion..... its a brand new usb cord i purchased today.

Please, how do I get BBM back? BBM is the only reason i bought a blackberry
    06-24-10 03:20 PM
    That's sad if BBM is the reason you bought a blackberry.

Regardless, if you download the full OS that is compatible with your device, then you can reload BBM that way.
    06-24-10 05:34 PM
    But then how do i get it on my blackberry? I cant hook it up to any computer...
    06-25-10 02:20 AM
    You have to be able to connect it to a computer to do this.
    06-25-10 06:57 AM
    I've never heard of a "not strong enough connection" error using desktop manager.
    06-25-10 07:31 AM
    when i plug it in to any computer it says

"USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your hand held is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed"

Clearly I am not very good with phones so this confuses me and google isnt really helping. I thought it was the USB cable but i tried two different ones on two different computers and i still keep getting the same message.
    06-25-10 12:47 PM
    You can always do a wireless update.
    06-25-10 02:03 PM
    So does Desktop Manager not recognize your BB? Your usb port just doesn't have enough power to charge it, but it still should connect to your computer. It doesn't need to charge to be connected to the computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 02:18 PM
    I was wondering about that. When i plug it in Photoshop opens, so it recognizes its hooked up but the desktop manager still wont read it for some reason. maybe i should reinstall the desktop manager? sorry, lol i don't know much about this stuff.
    06-25-10 03:41 PM
    when i plug it in to any computer it says

"USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your hand held is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed"

Clearly I am not very good with phones so this confuses me and google isnt really helping. I thought it was the USB cable but i tried two different ones on two different computers and i still keep getting the same message.
    What kind of computer is this? Desktop or laptop?
    Where is the USB port on the computer? Some front connections do not have sufficient power on some computers.

Have you tried a different USB port on the computer?

Maybe the USB drivers are not properly installed? Reinstalling BlackBerry Desktop Manager should correct that if that's the case.
    06-25-10 06:00 PM
    I would try a different usb port as well and if not that then I would say reinstall the desktop manager and try again..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 12:27 PM
    Try plugging it into a USB port in the back of your PC not the front.
    06-26-10 12:31 PM
    I reinstalled desktop manager and it is now working fine, thanks for all your help
    06-27-10 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD