I downloaded the BB Messenger from the App World thing today. I don't actually know anyone else with a BB but thought I would try out the barcode scanner thing. Every time I got to scan a barcode I just get a little video of one BB scanning another's barcode but no option to actually do it myself. Am I just being a bit dim? (highly likely). How do I actually scan this barcode thing?

Also, when I just tried to go back into the App World icon it brings up a message saying

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World etc".

My service plan does include browsing. It was how I got the BBM app in the first place. Why is it saying this to me now?!

Sorry, a bit long winded but this is the first problem I have encountered and I have no idea what to do about it. (I have done the battery pull thing.)

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies
    10-23-09 06:02 PM
    For barcode scanner, you'll need to scroll down to show continue button.
    10-23-09 08:55 PM
    Oh thanks I had already worked that out shortly after posting! It was me being dim! Also the connection problem with App World is apparently a problem with Orange which they are working on.
    10-24-09 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD