I sent my 9700 in for repairs last month. They exchanged it for a new one.

On the new one I restored my backup (that I did the day before I sent it in). Everything restored successfully except the BBM Groups. They dont appear in BBM. I had to get 1 of the people in each group to add me back in. I created all the groups months ago.
    I can see my old PIN, in the groups, still has the "key icon" next to it. Which means my "Admin privileges" have not been transferred onto the new PIN. I cant delete the old PIN in the groups.

I've tried the following:
    1) Restored "BBGroups" (in the Advanced section) from "BB Desktop Software"
    2) Restored via "Restore using a backup file from device" in BBM
    3) Restored via "Restore using email" in BBM
    4) Updated the OS (v6.668) and BBM to latest versions
    5) Downgraded the OS and BBM to version 5

This is my 3rd BB. I didnt have the above problem/s when I restored the backup from the 1st BB to the 2nd BB (8 months ago)
    10-18-11 07:52 AM
    Having the same problem! But haven't been able to find a solution! Hope someone can help!!
    01-31-12 01:48 AM
    I still havnt found a solution
    01-31-12 02:01 AM
    I am also looking for a solution, I just received a replacement for my 9900, all the contacts are restored nicely but the 2 bbm groups that I made still have the old pin administrator even if my account is now linked to a new pin.
    I used the same BB ID on both phones, in my opinion they should recognize automatically that I am the owner.

Please post a solution if you know one.
    02-09-12 10:17 AM
    There's no way to resolve the current situation, besides making a new group and deleting the old. In the future, I'd recommend at least one other admin in any BBM group made.
    02-09-12 11:11 AM
    This is still happening to me on BB10 in April 2014. It only happens to the groups I created. It kept me in groups I did not create myself.
    04-25-14 12:23 AM