Can anyone help me? After the OS upgrade (5.0) i reinstalled bbm and had to add my contacts back, now i asked my friends to re-invite me to our groups, but they said they cant because im already in the group. How to i get back in? Do i have to scan the barcode or is there any other way?
    10-27-09 11:07 AM
    My groups slowly came back after my upgrade. How long has it been since you upgraded?
    10-27-09 12:10 PM
    i upgraded last night, but i didnt back up any blackberry stuff before, i didnt realized i had to. Is there no chance they'll come back in that case?
    10-27-09 12:34 PM
    the same thing happened to me and i had a few of the people on my bbm as regular contacts so i had them delete me from the group and re-invite me
    10-29-09 02:52 PM
    the same thing happened to me and i had a few of the people on my bbm as regular contacts so i had them delete me from the group and re-invite me
    YuP! follow above mention and it will work.

next time when you update your OS, Back up your bbm using your sim card w/auto save contact list.

steps:
    from your bbm contact/folder select BB Menu > Back up Contact List > Back up Files Locally > media card > auto save contact list changes > select Back up no.

to restore: BB Menu > Restore contact list (it will eventually restore your current contact w/groups).
    10-29-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD