How many of you have active BBM groups set up on your device and experiencing lags or slowed down performance of your 9700?

What can be done to prevent or fix this issue?
    12-16-09 01:32 AM
    I've also noticed this on my 8900.
    12-16-09 01:39 AM
    I've also noticed this on my 8900.
    Did you ever find a way around it?
    12-16-09 01:43 AM
    My Tour lags like mad with groups too. My workaround was to delete the groups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 01:49 AM
    My Tour lags like mad with groups too. My workaround was to delete the groups.

Did it seem to matter how many users were in any of your groups? Or how many groups in total you had on your phone?
    12-16-09 01:55 AM
    I only had 1 or 2 groups. I wasn't overloading or anything. I don't remember how many members they had though - I didn't "stay" long due to the horrible performance hit.

12-16-09 02:18 AM
    Not sure why the performance hit is so noticeable. Anyone else experience this as well?
    12-16-09 10:50 AM
    just started a thread abt this. should have looked a little farther first. will get mines deleted.
    12-16-09 11:15 AM
    I too have noticed this on my Storm 1 and 2. It slowed the phone down considerably. I also hate how it creates a new calendar and then asked you every time you do something "would you like to add to group calendar?" why can't we decide if we want to create a calendar for a group? And a new calendar for each group? Dumb!

Until RIM gets this all figured out I will not be joining any groups. It's too bad because groups can be kind of fun.

12-16-09 11:38 AM
    My BBM groups was pissing me off because it kept sending chat updates to my message box even though I had the box unchecked on BBM. My solution was to leave the group.
    12-16-09 12:36 PM
    I have one group. get a little lag only when i go in it. oh well.....i turned off updates as a notice, couldn't stand getting buzzed every 10 seconds from 30 ppl changing status Ha
    12-16-09 01:10 PM
    Sounds like this is an OS issue then right? Because based on the faster processor and upgraded memory versus the old model, you would expect the device to have enough juice to prevent or greatly reduce this from happening in the first place. I'm surprised to see this still happening despite turning off notifications.
    12-16-09 05:45 PM
    Yes it lagged big time. So i deleted it ASAP!!!
    12-16-09 05:58 PM
    agreed..had to delete it to solve it as well!!
    12-25-09 03:31 AM
    It really shows some noticeable log but not that much (only 3 seconds or so) and only when I access the groups. Aside from that, no problem at all from my end and my free memory is still the same.

Well, what's the use of joining the groups if you will only delete them later? Or at least, say some goodbyes and reason why you're leaving as a courtesy to others...
    12-25-09 03:59 AM
    I got about 27 ppl in my group and I do notice lag only when I'm inviting and approving members, that's when it really lags. Oither than that its fine.

12-25-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD