Whenever I take my phone out of the holster, the bbm group that I am in opens up because there is a a new post, does anyone know how to keep this from happening because it is quite annoying waiting for it to load before I can do what I need to do. I know how to keep emails, texts and blackberry messages from doing this but have no idea how to stop the groups.
    07-03-11 09:32 PM
    My BBM Group doesn't open automatically. I don't know how to cause it to open automatically, so I don't know how to disable it. I'm running OS 5.0. What OS are you running?

In Messages / Message Alerts / Instant Messages, I have all the alerts for Group Messages set to Silent or Off, as appropriate. Perhaps that's why my group doesn't open, but I don't know for sure.
    07-03-11 10:31 PM
    I'm running OS 6 and have no clue how to fix this
    07-03-11 10:46 PM
    Did you try checking the Alerts options?
    07-03-11 10:47 PM
    Open BBM
    GO to your group and click on it.
    Then click bb button for menu
    Choose view group details
    There is a choice turn off all group notifications for this group Click yes
    Save and see if that helps.

Now if you have BeBuzz set for it, we have to look at something else.
    Keep us posted please.
    jeffh likes this.
    07-04-11 07:41 AM
    Thanks, Jaydee. I only have one group, and I've had it so long, I'd forgotten how I did that initially.
    07-04-11 07:48 AM
    Although I have a few groups and OS6, none of mine "open automatically" so I hope this solves the OP's problem. We might have to troubleshoot further for him...
    07-04-11 07:54 AM
    Is this a BBM problem or a Bold 9650 problem???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-04-11 09:54 AM
    Is this a BBM problem or a Bold 9650 problem???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Since it works correctly for Jaydee on OS6 and for me on OS5, I suspect it's a user setting and not a problem with either the 9650 or BBM.
    07-04-11 10:05 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help, I silenced all bbm group notifications in my profiles so hopfeully that will work. The problem is I never got any notifications before, they would just open up like a new text message when I unholstered the phone
    07-04-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD