I have about 10 friends in a long running BBM group chat. The group chat seems to be taking a very long time to open and display the messages. When opening I'm presented with a message saying "Retrieving chat messages, please wait ...." and it's taking 5 to 7 seconds before the messages display. I don't ever recall the chat taking that long to load and I'm wondering if this is a bug, a problem with my Storm2 or simply a function of how many messages are in the chat. Anyone know what I can change to make the chat load faster? Thx.
    09-26-10 04:53 PM
    If the chat is really long its going to take a bit for it to open the whole chat. You can try setting the "keep chat for" option to 1 day and that should help a little.
    09-26-10 04:56 PM
    It's from the latest BBM update i believe, happening to me also, the only reason i downloaded the 5.0.1.38 BBM because with the 5.0.0.713 OS bbm chat was broken so i was forced to download the latest bbm which worked in the group.. Only option is Dont save chat History and make the Chat option " keep messages for : 1 day ", helps u speed up the loading time.
    09-26-10 06:30 PM
    If the chat is really long its going to take a bit for it to open the whole chat. You can try setting the "keep chat for" option to 1 day and that should help a little.
    Follow this for best results.

unlike BBM Messages, the groups are server stored, so if you keep the chat closed it will have longer loading times.

if you open the chat everytime you battery pull and leave it running in the background you wont have this issue
    09-26-10 06:34 PM
    Thx for the suggestions. Changing the various settings on the phone didn't seem to help at all. What's weird is that the wife has an 8520, is in the same group chat, and hers loads instantly.
    09-27-10 11:32 AM
    5-7 seconds seem to be the norm for me lately.

i even cleared chats and removed pics.

not really much of improvement on speed.
    09-27-10 12:55 PM
    I've made a point to delete stuff regularly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 06:35 PM
    Follow this for best results.

unlike BBM Messages, the groups are server stored, so if you keep the chat closed it will have longer loading times.

if you open the chat everytime you battery pull and leave it running in the background you wont have this issue
    I have tried this and it works. Hate having to leave it running and haven't seen the effects on battery yet, but otherwise it just takes too long. Can't believe they still haven't fixed this in the newest release.
    10-21-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD