09-05-10 11:43 PM
66 123
tools
    If you go to BB App World, it initially brings up the old ver. After you press the download button, it shows the new ver...Most of the reviews on BB App World are negative, with a lot of reviewers wishing they had the old ver. back...think I'm going to wait before downloading this "update".
    08-12-10 11:51 AM
    If you go to BB App World, it initially brings up the old ver. After you press the download button, it shows the new ver...Most of the reviews on BB App World are negative, with a lot of reviewers wishing they had the old ver. back...think I'm going to wait before downloading this "update".
    Yep, complaints on App World and CB make me not want to upgrade
    I'll keep reading the feedback you guys give before downloading it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 12:01 PM
    New option " Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With BlackBerry Contacts" check box. Uncheck and texts from contacts won't show up in bbm anymore. Good!

pretty sure that has been there before when the introduced the sms/bbm integration. I didnt use it but for a little bit since i didnt like it though so i might be wrong
    08-12-10 05:47 PM
    After using 5.0.1.38 more it seems most of these things aren't bugs, they are just changes we aren't used to yet. Only thing that seems like possible bug to me is not being able to select without choosing it from the menu button.

I am getting used to the other changes and liking it more.

08-12-10 10:42 PM
    Does no one know that you can just hit Shift + Del to clear all text?

I like the fact that hitting back does not clear the line, personally.
    08-13-10 12:00 AM
    Does no one know that you can just hit Shift + Del to clear all text?

I like the fact that hitting back does not clear the line, personally.
    I never tried that, but it works on my Storm2. The first Storm can't do multi-clicks like that, so that is probably the only device that hitting "escape" would be beneficial.
    I did also notice there is a a BB->Clear Field, and then confirm w/ a clear button. Not a very efficient path, but it works too.
    08-13-10 08:24 AM
    I didn't know about shift-del, that definately helps when arguing with the woman
    08-13-10 09:56 AM
    i hate how every time i enter a bbm group chat it says retrieving messages, and when it does that it marks every message as read, which makes it harder to find out where you last were.
    That's driving me crazy. Plus, the group icons don't appear on my homescreen properly when there are new updates. There is only one icon that pops up, regardless of the group.
    08-13-10 11:11 AM
    Also you can't copy previous conversations.
    08-13-10 10:13 PM
    Also feature for restore don't work properly doesn't retrieve all bbm groups.
    08-19-10 12:58 PM
    I received bbm group invite but cant seem to accept or decline...nothing happens when I try to click on the invitation. Any ideas?
    08-19-10 05:21 PM
    I received bbm group invite but cant seem to accept or decline...nothing happens when I try to click on the invitation. Any ideas?
    Pull the battery out. Your bb took **** lol

08-19-10 05:22 PM
    Pull the battery out. Your bb took **** lol

tried a battery pull...still no luck
    08-19-10 05:40 PM
    Looks like everyone is having different issues with latest BBM.
    08-29-10 06:53 PM
    I'm going to take back my earlier post. I installed a newer hybrid tonight that had this newer bbm packaged within. I installed it on both of my curves and decided there had to be an answer to this.

I figured out my lack of pictures being sent was due to the fact that when we first got our curves we accidentally stored a lot of photos on device memory, thus filling it. I moved pictures out of device memory and over to the memory card tonight... lo and behold pictures now get sent immediately. They are better versions of the old "preview". You can click the photo once received and "request a higher quality" version of the pic from the menu.

I suppose i should have worked harder to figure this all out myself earlier. I'll be keeping this version now as it works much better now...
    08-29-10 08:40 PM
    I hope rim fixes this asap.
    09-05-10 11:43 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD