Finally decided to do my update to 5.0.0.57 went into the app world and downloaded it. Once it said installing it sat for 20 minutes, I then did a battery pull. Upon reboot there is no messenger anywhere on my phone. So I went back into app world and downloaded it again but it will not install.
    If anyone can assist that would be great.

pin:30C60B81

If you would like to pin me that works too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 03:57 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>applications and remove the BBM. Then go to appworld and re-install it.
    01-02-10 04:02 PM
    Its not there. I checked in my world and options advanced application and there is no bbm

01-02-10 04:03 PM
    I had the same problem with this yesterday myself. Go in to AppWorld, click on My World in the bottom right, you should see BlackBerry Messenger on there, press the menu button and see if there is an option to delete it. If there is, select that and it will remove it from your phone. Do a battery pull and then go download it from blackberry . com / messenger and it should work that way. Those were the steps I had to do to get it to work. Hope that helps.
    01-02-10 04:09 PM
    That sounds good. It would be nice if they can ever get it right. Thanks!!

01-02-10 04:13 PM
    Yeah....it took me almost an hour to find a way to get it done. Mine showed it was installed but couldn't find it in the applications menu. Let me know if that workaround helped on yours.
    01-02-10 04:19 PM
    Yeah it did good. Thanks for the help

01-02-10 05:26 PM
    Glad it worked!
    01-02-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD