Just updated to 5.0 and i must say its fantastic. Only problem is my BBM has disappeared. I looked for it in the application list and it is shown as installed, but i cant find it anywhere on the phone. Any ideas where it might be? It is also not hidden anywhere.
    10-26-09 12:00 PM
    If it is there, it's probably the old version.

You're gonna want to download the latest version from www.blackberry.com/messenger anyway.
    10-26-09 12:03 PM
    you need to go to the BB app world and redownload the correct one.
    10-26-09 12:04 PM
    i DLed the new one, and did a batt pull. At first is shows it as archived, then once i restore it, it completly disappears from the "Download folder" and is never seen again.
    10-26-09 12:08 PM
    did you delete the old one from your BB already in the application section?
    10-26-09 12:10 PM
    delete from phone and dl from blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger from your phone. some people were having an issue w/ dling from app world
    10-26-09 12:14 PM
    yeah paul i did that, smhism ill try that next thanks.
    worked smhism thanks.
    Last edited by Stevek476; 10-26-09 at 12:27 PM.
    10-26-09 12:15 PM
    I think when you go to upgrade the OS it takes the check off of it automatically as something to be deleted, because right before I was getting ready to DL it I read the list of what was to be deleted and BBM was there and I know for fact I didn't pick that to be deleted. I am still in the middle of the dl now so I'll find out soon enough if that was the case.
    10-26-09 12:19 PM
    I noticed that too...kinda of annoying...are all of my contacts still gonna be there??
    10-26-09 12:43 PM
    phantom... hopefully you'll be able to back it up via email, or maybe you backed up your contact list on your media card. I had it backed up via email, even tho i had forgotten ab it. give it a shot and hope for the best lol
    10-26-09 12:44 PM
    I can't seem to get BBM AIM or GTalk out of archived. I have un archived via the App World and outside of app world and as soon as the phone restarts they are all archived again. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!
    10-26-09 12:45 PM
    I can't seem to get BBM AIM or GTalk out of archived. I have un archived via the App World and outside of app world and as soon as the phone restarts they are all archived again. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!
    To fix, don't dl from app world. find the links from blackberry.com (you can always try blackberry.com/nameofapp (i know it works w/ blackberry messenger and facebook). 5.0 does not seem to like app world
    10-26-09 01:16 PM
    Ive had similar issues upgrading to 5.0 with BBM and Facebook.

It seems that the common element here is that the problem is with AppWorld. It looks like there's some incompatibility with AppWorld and 5.0, shocking to me as it is since it's by the same developer.

The only way I got BBM and Facebook back was to download them seperately outside of AppWorld. If it said it was installed or archived, I deleted it, battery pulled, then went through the browser to the direct download links. That worked fine. Every time I tried to do it through AppWorld it simply didn't work, even though it said installation worked.

I hope RIM updates all this bugginess with AppWorld soon.
    10-26-09 01:18 PM
    all the same things posted here happened to me also with BBM and FaceBook. you's are right, i downloaded BBM from the direct blackberry.com link. AppWorld definitly has a bug. but how long do i gotta wait until my BBM starts acting normal, before the redownload im saying, again?
    10-26-09 03:59 PM
    Well my upgrade went slow but well. I lost BBM also and I had 5 version. I also had to reinstall some of my 3rd party apps like Facebook and App World. I went straight to Blackberry for Messenger and it loaded with no problem. I logged into my Blackberry account and resent my service books which activated all my email accounts. I like this O/S upgrade. It's like a new phone and it seems to work smooth and the Lock Button works like it should have all along. Time will tell if any bugs filter out but so far excellent.
    10-26-09 04:48 PM
    sweet...okay well since you know what your talking about with these phones, lol, maybe you can help me......

On my Storm (9530) i had 140 contacts on my BBM list running on the older BBM version. Once i installed the 5.0 version, it works fine-except i wasn't able to update my status. I mean, i was able to make one on Edit my Profile, but it would not get sent out nor appear on my name on my list or my name on my friends' contacts list. So i played around with it at home, thus coming to realize that when i stripped my list down to 100 people, then i was able to update my status...sent out-appeared on my recent updates-appeared on my friends' contacts list-the whole nine yards. Basically, the limit on my phone for some odd reason is 100. if i add atleast one more person over 100, giving me 101, it brings me right back to the same problem i had when i had my original 140. Does anyone know why is this? or am i the first person to be dumb enough to have 140 on my list, or even have this problem? Please Help.....
    10-26-09 05:05 PM
    I also have this problem and the app world download didn't work I tried it through the blackberry website and it seems to be working so far, once contact list recovery is done I hope it works correctly.
    10-26-09 05:10 PM
    There are a few known bugs that RIM is aware of concerning BBM. I don't know about the 100 limit one but I am impressed that anyone would have over 100 people listed in their BBM as contacts. Christ, I have 8 and think that is way too many to manage, for me. I do think that if you go back to the older version of BBM (4.7) you'll get your 140 or whatever.
    10-27-09 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD