Sorry, I am new to this. I don't even know if I posted this in the correct place but .... is BBMing free? even if I am BBMing someone in Canada? I have unlimted data, and wifi connection. I heard that it cost money to send a BBM message to someone in a different country and I was just wondering if this is true? I have a friend in Canada that I met on a college tour and it cost money for us to SMS ... so we thought BBM would be a better alternative?
    07-24-11 12:08 AM
    bbm would be better. it is free because it uses data which you are already paying for and doesn't matter which the person you are contacting or what country they are in. Also it doesn't matter which country you are in if you are traveling as long as you have an international data plan. Again it is free.
    07-24-11 12:36 AM
    Start bbm-ing asap, forget about sms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 01:01 PM
    well, it's kind of funny thing, BBM is free, which is actually not, because, technically we DO pay for the BIS service's package, but after that we can use the whole package for "free"
    07-28-11 12:06 PM
    Just a note to those who may want to use BBM in other countries...you can buy an international data plan but it's rather expensive and you have to turn on your data even if you have full access to wifi, in order to connect to the internet (and then get charged ridiculous prices). I like blackberry but it is awful to use abroad and I can't connect to the internet without turning on my data, it's a smart phone but unlike iPhones charges you for everything. If anyone knows of any free text apps that can be used with wifi without turning on the data package, I'm open to suggestions.
    11-03-11 05:30 PM
    @ katiekinsx7 & AmyIre8:
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

To answer Amy, I you have a standard BIS plan (aka BB data plan) and travel out of your own country, you can use BBM over Wi-Fi without turning on your now-roaming wireless network connection.

I don't understand your iPhone comparison about BB charging for everything while iPhone supposedly doesn't. Much BB data usage is compressed in comparison to an iPhone.
    TrespassersW likes this.
    11-04-11 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD