Hi
    I am new to blackberry and need to go on a business trip. I was told by a friend that I will be charged for all e-mails and BBMs I use in another country "international" fees (i.e not free) . Does anybody know if that is correct? If it is true, is there a way around it? My home country is South Africa if that makes any difference and I will be travelling in Europe.
    Thank you for all advise and help
    09-28-11 11:48 AM
    Yes Your carrier will charge you for Roaming (out side of your network area). If the place your going has WiFi then you can turn off the radio and use the wifi to receive emails & BBM.
    09-28-11 11:56 AM
    Yes Your carrier will charge you for Roaming (out side of your network area). If the place your going has WiFi then you can turn off the radio and use the wifi to receive emails & BBM.
    I'm not sure if this is true. If I recall, BBM & push emailing only works if you're connected to BIS and not wifi. I never had bbm / emailing thru wifi when I traveled..
    09-28-11 12:52 PM
    This may answer your questions

http://forums.crackberry.com/rogers-...6/#post6635090
    kasaba likes this.
    09-28-11 01:49 PM
    Thank you very much - yes, this was most usefull.
    Now I just have to find out how to set my phone to "data off when roaming"
    09-28-11 02:29 PM
    Here is a link to the Trafalgar Online Forum - and a thread on traveling with your phone.

The info applies to anyone using a BB traveling to anywhere and there are screen shots giving a step by step guide on how to turn off data.

Let me know how you go.

Trafalgar Tours
    Last edited by Heavens1; 09-29-11 at 06:11 PM.
    Gord Young likes this.
    09-29-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD