So I got bored with my storm 9530 and finally decided to load OS 5.0.0.1041 on my phone. I have plenty of practice loading official and leaked operating systems so i feel like I did everything correctly. During the process everything seemed to go fine but when it was all done i realized there was no BBM folder or icon on my phone. I checked in instant messaging folder, applications folder, downloads folder and even checked main page to see if it was hidden for some reason and it is not anywhere to be found. Under applications it is listed as installed. First i tried to upgrade and install newest version. It said installation was successful but still not icon. In applications it shows the newest version is installed.

I also hooked phone up to pc and used DM to try to reinstall. Again my phone shows that it is installed but no icon anywhere. I went through the forums and looked for any solutions. I followed the instructions that i did find in order to get it back, but without any luck. Ive done numerous battery pulls and cannot get it back.

At this point i am turning to the Crackberry nation for some help. So if anyone can help me with this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    05-05-11 12:18 PM
    suppose it is hidden? options show all....
    05-05-11 02:24 PM
    I was just reading the description of BBM 5.0.3.22. Under the "please read" section, that if the device software is not approved by RIM then it may cause a loss of the BBM icon.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

If so, do you know of a solution?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD