So I upgraded to the new OS a few weeks ago the legitimate way from my bb desktop. It seemed to have slowed my bb 9700 down a little bit but not really noticeable. Within the last week it's been a lot slower. I've deleted all my messages, done the alt lg lg thing and still nothing seems to be making it run normal again :s.

Now today my bbm started messing up out of no where. It is only randomly delivering messages and doesnt matter if i'm connected to wifi or not. I deleted then re downloaded bbm, restarted then did a battery pull and still, it's not working properly. - also when I did this my bbm groups no longer existed. A system message tells me it's recovering my groups but it's been saying that for at least 10-15 minutes so far... what's up with that?

Also, with my FB icon, I find I'm not always getting notifications sent to my phone either. I upgraded the FB app when I was prompted to and since then it seems to only pick up and deliver about half of my notifications.

I've had this bb for about 8 months and this is the first time i've been so frustrated with it I want to break it!

Thanks in advance for the help.
    04-09-11 05:47 PM
    So I upgraded to the new OS a few weeks ago the legitimate way from my bb desktop. It seemed to have slowed my bb 9700 down a little bit but not really noticeable. Within the last week it's been a lot slower. I've deleted all my messages, done the alt lg lg thing and still nothing seems to be making it run normal again :s.

Now today my bbm started messing up out of no where. It is only randomly delivering messages and doesnt matter if i'm connected to wifi or not. I deleted then re downloaded bbm, restarted then did a battery pull and still, it's not working properly. - also when I did this my bbm groups no longer existed. A system message tells me it's recovering my groups but it's been saying that for at least 10-15 minutes so far... what's up with that?

Also, with my FB icon, I find I'm not always getting notifications sent to my phone either. I upgraded the FB app when I was prompted to and since then it seems to only pick up and deliver about half of my notifications.

I've had this bb for about 8 months and this is the first time i've been so frustrated with it I want to break it!

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Was this an upgrade from OS5 to OS6? If so, you most likely messed up the install unknowingly by doing a backup/restore.
    Last edited by lcambriz; 04-09-11 at 06:07 PM.
    04-09-11 06:05 PM
    Yeah it was an upgrade from os5 to os6... I have blackberry protect on my phone and did a back up that way... why would that mess up everything though?

How do I fix it so my bb is running normally again :s
    04-09-11 06:12 PM
    Your issue sounds like a phone memory issue. Most of us who have upgraded to OS 6 have had to shrink the OS prior to installing it on our phones, since it uses up a lot of the application memory on the 9700 and can cause considerable slow down in the phone's performance.

If you don't mind the small inconvenience of reinstalling your apps, you may want to try wiping your phone, shrinking the OS and then reinstalling it to your phone. This will give your phone a bit more app space to "breathe", thus allowing your phone to run smoothly with less occurrences of memory leakage.

If you are unfamiliar with the wipe & reinstall process, the following how-to link should prove helpful. It will provide you with complete, detailed instructions on how to do this:
    BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

Cheers
    moontime_mooney likes this.
    04-09-11 06:17 PM
    Doing a backup/restore from OS5 to OS6 has been known to cause problems, because they are two different OSes. Different settings and different preferences that are incompatible. Easiest way to make a smooth transition is to backup the data you want, but restore ONLY contacts and messages. Download this program called BBSAK, wipe your device, then reinstall your OS. Also, do not restore your apps. Like the settings, OS5 apps are different from OS6 apps. You'll have to manually redownload them once you reinstall your OS.

As for why your BB is acting sluggish, try shrinking your OS with Shrink-A-OS. Search the forums for it, or BB Boss. Shrinking your OS will give you more space, and allows your BB to operate much more smoothly.
    moontime_mooney likes this.
    04-09-11 06:22 PM
    Alright sounds like I'm going to need to find a friend that is better with technology than I am haha Thanks for the advice... bbm randomly started working again but still won't reload my groups :s

Anyways hopefully all this works!
    04-09-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD