After using my Blackberry 6 months, I have not yet used BBM. Yet it's running in the background all the time and I don't see a way to delete or at least turn it off. Any simple solutions? Thanks
    04-04-11 10:02 PM
    BBM running in the background does no harm and does not affect your battery life of the device. I would keep it you never know when you will actually start using it

If you really want to delete BBM go to:
    Options > Device > Application Management
    Select Blackberry Messenger and select delete
    04-04-11 10:04 PM
    (...)
    Options > Device > Application Management
    Select Blackberry Messenger and select delete
    If the above is not working for you (e.g. BBM was installed as a part of the OS) then go to the AppWorld, install from there, and then you will be able to get it deleted.
    new.bee likes this.
    04-05-11 04:45 AM
    None of this works for me I try to delete BBM through my Desktop Manager and it say it is required on the OS 6 also when I try to go to application management it does not give me the option to delete it or nor can I download it from App world to even try to get it removed. Anybody got some other suggestions.
    04-05-11 03:31 PM
    None of this works for me I try to delete BBM through my Desktop Manager and it say it is required on the OS 6 also when I try to go to application management it does not give me the option to delete it or nor can I download it from App world to even try to get it removed. Anybody got some other suggestions.
    If you put the scroll on the bbm and press the blackberry button you can go to hide and hide it from your screen. Like said above it doesn't effect your phone. So since you don't use it just hide it for now, and if you ever want to use it again you can un-hide it. Hope I helped.
    04-05-11 03:41 PM
    None of this works for me I try to delete BBM through my Desktop Manager and it say it is required on the OS 6 also when I try to go to application management it does not give me the option to delete it
    Exactly - and this is why I suggested installing it again, even though it is installed.
    or nor can I download it from App world to even try to get it removed. Anybody got some other suggestions.
    Why can't you download it from AppWorld? What is the error you are getting?
    04-05-11 03:49 PM
    If the above is not working for you (e.g. BBM was installed as a part of the OS) then go to the AppWorld, install from there, and then you will be able to get it deleted.
    This worked perfectly! Thank you!
    04-10-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD