Hello fellow blackberry-users,

I will go to Europe in Summer '12 for exactly one month and I'm in the States with ATT on my bold 9900.

I know theres international data options but as ill be on a roadtrip with my girlfriend ill need like one GB of data.

I have a german prepaid sim with 1&1 with Interner for my smartphone.
    Can I use that card in my BB and have BlackBerry Messenger activated for usage? Is there any tricks?

Thanks a lot
    01-22-12 09:26 AM
    No... BIS is required for BBM.
    01-22-12 09:31 AM
    Hey,
    As I kno 1&1 is not offering any BIS plan. But Vodafone Germany has a prepaid offer with BIS included. Go to a Vodafone Shop in Germany and ask for prepaid card and BlackBerry option and they will give it to you!

Have a nice time in our country!
    01-22-12 10:00 AM
    BBM use BIS system to access data. In fact the App is made by RIM so that it will ONLY works with BIS connection.
    01-22-12 10:05 AM
    Off subject......but damn, Germany is awesome!!!
    01-22-12 10:06 AM
    Would registration here make it work?

BlackBerry Internet Service

Und vielen Dank fuer die Wuensche
    01-22-12 10:15 AM
    Off subject......but damn, Germany is awesome!!!
    It depends what part of germany. Berlin is cool but sachsen anhalt gives you an uneasy chill with a bit feeling of deppression. Maybe because of the leftover stalinist buildings
    01-22-12 10:31 AM
    It depends what part of germany. Berlin is cool but sachsen anhalt gives you an uneasy chill with a bit feeling of deppression. Maybe because of the leftover stalinist buildings
    True.....I worked in Wiesbaden and lived in Worms. Traveled all over Europe....absolutely awesome.
    01-22-12 10:39 AM
    Have a BIS plan from your carrier.
    Close data services (so that you dont get a shocking bill )
    Connect to a wifi and use BBM
    01-22-12 11:59 AM
    BBM use BIS system to access data. In fact the App is made by RIM so that it will ONLY works with BIS connection.

i decided to test this out, i turned off the radio and turned my wifi on and bbm works exactly as it should
    01-22-12 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD