Hey guys so I exchanged my first Rogers 9900 from Futureshop and got a brand new one since it was giving me some freezing issues.

So the first mistake I made was that I didn't back up my bbm contacts locally since I had my Gmail registered. Now I wiped the first one and handed it to them. Now when I try to recover contacts remotely thru Gmail it gives me an error that the email couldn't be sent and to check if its the right email address. I tried it with the version it came with and then downloaded the beta from blackberry beta. Sometimes it just shows checking email status but it hasn't even confirmed that it has sent the email.

Could someone please help me out as I have over 50+ contacts and there's no way I can re add them as some of them are in different countries/cities.

Btw I searched the forums found bunch of ppl with similar issue but hasn't been resolved so far.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 08:40 PM
    50+ contacts with what? BBM? I am sorry, I have read your post a few times, and am not really sure what you are trying to do.

You want to sync your e-mail account with your new handset?

You didn't backup and now want your BBM contacts back?

EDIT ::: Ok, I think I have it.

At some point with your last unit, you backed up BBM (with a gmail account on your BIS account) Correct?

New unit, no e-mail, contacts from BBM are gone? Right?

You have added your gmail account to your new unit, but you are still having problems getting your contacts back? Uhmmmm ok. Unless you can link your gmail account to your new handset and try a restore, I don't see you getting your contacts back.

I do have a question though. The last berry, before your freezing 9900? You must have a back up file from when you transferred to the first BB. I notice that Rogers is your carrier, and I know they are famous for xfer'ing devices for their customers in the store. Did they not do this for you? Unless you can find a backup file from somewhere, your contacts are gone.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-06-11 at 09:15 PM.
    09-06-11 09:07 PM
    Yes contacts on BBM.

I am trying to restore my bbm contacts which were backed up remotely from my old 9900. Now when it tries to restore using email. It gives me an error that the verification email couldn't be sent to the email.
    09-06-11 09:16 PM
    Sorry for the confusion
    09-06-11 09:19 PM
    I'm lost as well. I recovered my BBM contacts from a remote backup through BBM with no problem. Took a couple of tries for me only because I have a very hard time remember a zillion frackin' passwords.
    09-06-11 09:22 PM
    Yes, got that. You do have the gmail account in question working on your current device though? Yes?

If you do, and you are still not getting verification, then you are out of luck. I remote backup to all my ten accounts and locally....always. At least three times a week.

Sorry.
    09-06-11 09:25 PM
    I'm lost as well. I recovered my BBM contacts from a remote backup through BBM with no problem. Took a couple of tries for me only because I have a very hard time remember a zillion frackin' passwords.
    That is awesome Craterz. Read his post, and I think you will see why malyfs is having some difficulty.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-06-11 at 09:29 PM. Reason: oops typo
    09-06-11 09:28 PM
    Yes contacts on BBM.

I am trying to restore my bbm contacts which were backed up remotely from my old 9900. Now when it tries to restore using email. It gives me an error that the verification email couldn't be sent to the email.
    Are ya sure your using the right email addy? The remote backup does allow ya to select which email addy to use. By default I believe it will select all email accounts you have setup on the handset. Mine did anyway. So it was just a matter of picking the right password per email account to get it to restore. Of course, I have different passwords for each and every account I have setup on my Berry (6 in total).
    09-06-11 09:29 PM
    That is awesome Craterz. Read his post, and I think you will see why malyfs is having some difficulty.
    Ah, Ok. I think I see the problem now.

No verification, no restore.

OP: Just a guess, make sure password is correct. With the email setup, not BBM.
    09-06-11 09:43 PM
    Yes, got that. You do have the gmail account in question working on your current device though? Yes?

If you do, and you are still not getting verification, then you are out of luck. I remote backup to all my ten accounts and locally....always. At least three times a week.

Sorry.
    Yes the Gmail is working fine. The thing is that Blackberry is unable to send the email to my account. I did try to back up with 3 of my emails before I wiped it but I got that same error that it wasnt able to send the verification email. But the backup with Gmail was done the first day I got the first device.
    09-06-11 10:10 PM
    Are ya sure your using the right email addy? The remote backup does allow ya to select which email addy to use. By default I believe it will select all email accounts you have setup on the handset. Mine did anyway. So it was just a matter of picking the right password per email account to get it to restore. Of course, I have different passwords for each and every account I have setup on my Berry (6 in total).
    Yup Im sure its the right email. Even checked its inbox online and I saw the email that was sent on Aug 15 when I backed it up for the first time.
    09-06-11 10:16 PM
    Ah, Ok. I think I see the problem now.

No verification, no restore.

OP: Just a guess, make sure password is correct. With the email setup, not BBM.
    Password seems to be fine in the email setup
    09-06-11 10:18 PM
    Password seems to be fine in the email setup

If you cannot complete a verification, then you cannot restore. Unless you backed up your BBM contact list at some other time, in a physical location (desktop, laptop, work computer, etc...) Then you are out of luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD