Hi guys,

just thought id see if i can get help on the below issue.

Basically, my phone got stolen but all my bbm contacts were backed up to a gmail address, now when i try and restore from that it says its not linked to any blackberry messenger account.

Its definitely a valid account as ive used it in the past for a restore while changing devices

any thoughts?

thanks,
    rohan
    06-09-11 10:20 AM
    I have had this happen with both email addresses I have linked to my BBM restore.

If you have a recent Desktop Manager backup from the old device, restore the BlackBerry Messenger database to the new device using Advanced Restore. That should get your contacts back. You may have to reinvite them becasue you have a new pin.

Hope that helps you.

edit: if you do get them back, back them up locally (SD Card). File will be named BBM-(11-06-09).con
    06-09-11 10:54 AM
    Nope, dont have a recent backup on a local device.

Either way, whats the reason for this ? and is there nothing else i can do, ive already tweeted @blackberryhelp
    06-09-11 11:03 AM
    Did u find the answer to this problem? I currently experiencing this..I've never had this happen before...worked tons of tomes...The last backup I have on my pc is since april 30th. I been having bb protect do the work for me..I wil try and restore with that but I'd much prefer my contact list because I've started a new job since my last back up.. Added more contacts and groups..this sucks..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 11:20 PM
    I got this problem again, did anyone find a solution to this ?
    05-20-13 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD