i've been digging thru forums for hours before eventually slamming my head on the desk over and over again because i see no issues with the BBM that match my problem.

I have a data plan with a t-mobile.. and all my apps (i.e. Ubertwitter) works along with the internet..

But...

for the life of me i can't figure out why i can't add contacts on my BB Messenger. or even use it.
    I've asked people to add me, and i've tried to add people.. i just get pendings requests on my end and denies on theirs.

I'm kinda new to the BB world but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Secondly, I've tried to attach my Yahoo! email to the 8310.. but when i went to the setup wizard it asked if i had a BB Enterprise account or some jive like that OR to skip it the e-mail setup... no option to add a personal account or anything!

My sister bought me this phone via the EBAY and i'm sure it's "unlocked".

If anyone has any advice on why this isn't working please HELP!.. before i get any more brain damage.

Thanks
    02-28-10 08:19 PM
    hmmmm....on my 8310 there is a wizard for "Personal Email Set Up" that walks through setting up a yahoo or gmail or other existing account without all the enterprize stuff that companies use.
    02-28-10 10:19 PM
    You need to call TMobile and get a BLACKBERRY Data Plan. A generic data plan will not provide you access to BlackBerry data features.

The lack of the Personal Email Setup option is evidence of not having the correct data plan set up.

Call TMobile and have them set up the proper data plan.
    03-01-10 05:52 AM
    I called Tmob and there was some errors on the phone itself.. thanks everyone
    03-02-10 10:34 AM
    Glad you have it going...I have had the best success adding people with their pin numbers instead of their email...
    03-02-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD