Hey folks ..... please help!!! I have the 9700 and am running 5.0.0.586 (platform 5.1.0.146) with Bell Mobility. I have been told by multiple BBM contacts I am not receiving their messages even though it says "D" on their side. This happened on the previous software as well so i upgraded. I posted on here a month ago asking for help and someone suggested i uninstall and reinstall BBM, which i did and did a 2nd time recently. I thought it solved the issue but if anything has only been worse lately.

Ideas ??? Thanks!!!
    04-16-10 01:02 PM
    Did you install the newest BBM from appworld?
    04-16-10 01:04 PM
    The latest Official version of BBM is 5.0.0.57.
    04-16-10 01:05 PM
    Wow fast replies thanks ... yes I am running 5.0.0.57 since the release.
    04-16-10 01:55 PM
    Resend your Service Books... Setup Folder > Manage Email > Menu > Service Books.
    04-16-10 02:39 PM
    uninstall/reinstall BBM completely(back up contacts first of course)
    04-16-10 02:59 PM
    ok i will go and do the service books and reinstall/install once again. What is causing this ? hardware or all software? Would it have anything to do with the OS i am using seeing it is not the official release from Bell ?
    04-16-10 04:16 PM
    I really don't think it's a hardware issue... could be an issue with a file in the OS, or a file with BBM... but we will not know until you do some of the trouble shooting yourself... first, the Service Books... if that doesn't fix it, then delete and reinstall the app... then, I'd backup everything using DM and 3rd party using the link in my signature, then Wiping your device with BBSAK or CrackMem and reload your OS, this will give you a clean load, then you'd need to reload your data and your 3rd party apps again. At least that is what I'd do.
    04-16-10 04:57 PM
    I really don't think it's a hardware issue... could be an issue with a file in the OS, or a file with BBM... but we will not know until you do some of the trouble shooting yourself... first, the Service Books... if that doesn't fix it, then delete and reinstall the app... then, I'd backup everything using DM and 3rd party using the link in my signature, then Wiping your device with BBSAK or CrackMem and reload your OS, this will give you a clean load, then you'd need to reload your data and your 3rd party apps again. At least that is what I'd do.
    Alright .... services books done ... reinstall was just dont a few days ago ... one step at a time to see if anyone complains im not replying!! thanks!!
    04-17-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD