Hi

I upgraded by BBM to ver 5 which ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. It's slow, hangs frequently and msgs are delayed.

So got rid of it and reinstalled the original ver 4.6 by downloading the OS.

So far so good.

The problem is I want to upgrade to ver 4.7 (which is what I had before I went to 5), which is bug-free but has a much, much better interface than 4.6. But I can't find a way to do it. There's either ver 5 or ver 4.6.

How to go about it?

I have a curve 8520

Please help
    09-02-10 08:38 AM
    If you're running OS 4.6 on your Curve, then 4.6 is the only option that you have other than 5.0. You cannot run BBM 4.7 on a device that runs on OS 4.6, they're not compatable. That was the nice thing about BBM 5.0, they made it compatable with all devices running 4.5 or higher, but it's not that way with the BBM versions that are pre-packaged with their OS.

Are you sure that you had 4.7 on your Curve? Could it have been an earlier build of 5.0 such as 5.0.0.57, which was the build available prior to the update to 5.0.1.38.
    09-02-10 09:00 AM
    Pls help me out here:

The BBM that came bundled (4.6) didn't have the option to show contact pics (or put your own). Just icons.

I upgraded it (i'm pretty sure it was 4.7) which allowed pics and had a cooler interface.

Ver 5 had an even better interface but was excruciatingly slow.

Is there no way to go back to 4.7? What if i install OS 5? I'm a little vary of upgrading any system software after my experience with BBM 5.
    09-02-10 10:00 AM
    4.7 did not have display pictures.
    09-02-10 10:17 AM
    Pls help me out here:

The BBM that came bundled (4.6) didn't have the option to show contact pics (or put your own). Just icons.

I upgraded it (i'm pretty sure it was 4.7) which allowed pics and had a cooler interface.

Ver 5 had an even better interface but was excruciatingly slow.

Is there no way to go back to 4.7? What if i install OS 5? I'm a little vary of upgrading any system software after my experience with BBM 5.
    4.7 did not have display pictures.
    That's right, 4.7 did not have display pictures, that feature was added first on BBM 5.0, so I'm guessing that you downloaded 5.0.0.57, which was the previous build of BBM 5.0.

If you were to install OS 5.0 on your device you would probably get a version of BBM that would be similar to what you're looking for. I can understand your hesitation at the posiblilty of being disapointed with upgrading to 5.0, but I don't think you will be. 5.0 adds some nice features to your BB, the most notable of which is threaded text messaging, which is quite nice. Also, if you don't like it, you can always downgrade back to 4.6.
    09-02-10 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD