Yo why is no one else seeing the changes I've made to my BBM? My picture isn't changing - or status! Did the upgrade via BB World. Still no changes. I see the changes but no one else does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 07:38 PM
    it might take some time to filter through to them as it doesn't poll every minute to look for updates. I'm not sure the exact timing but it will get to them eventually
    12-15-10 07:41 PM
    BBM has been having some problems for about two weeks, and some people's issues have yet to be fixed. My friends haven't been able to see my avatar since the end of November, no matter how many times I change it. Same for some of them; they change their picture but I don't see it. Statuses are fine, though. Most likely, you're just now experiencing the issues going around. It's annoying but at least the messaging is still working.
    12-15-10 07:58 PM
    Well thanks for the info. Wish I knew how to fix it. It has been about two months since my avatar updated! Come on BlackBerry whattup.

12-15-10 08:44 PM
    I installed .418 on my telus 9700; got it unlocked through cellunlock.net. I do have a data plan. the phone see's the network as 3g but Blackberry Internet Service is not connected. Are they possibly blocking unauthorized installs?
    12-15-10 08:53 PM
    I installed .418 on my telus 9700; got it unlocked through cellunlock.net. I do have a data plan. the phone see's the network as 3g but Blackberry Internet Service is not connected. Are they possibly blocking unauthorized installs?
    Unlikely, but it's highly likely that they don't have service books pushed to OS6 devices. Downgrade to 5.x, back up your service books and then re-upgrade to 6.x and restore the service books.
    12-15-10 09:07 PM
    Unlikely, but it's highly likely that they don't have service books pushed to OS6 devices. Downgrade to 5.x, back up your service books and then re-upgrade to 6.x and restore the service books.
    Before you do that, first try registering again. Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Tables>Menu>Register Now. If that doesn't work, try resending the Service Books. Setup>internet Mail Account>Menu>Service Books>Send Service Books.

12-15-10 09:30 PM
    My BBM works fine, contact pictures are updated whenever my contacts make changes.

12-16-10 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD