Ive had this blackberry for a while. I had to use it since my last phone broke but i was able to switch since it was on tmo. I've tried to add people to bbm but it is always stunk in pending and when i ask the people who i added, they say they never get anything. even tried it face to face on phones and nothing. I updated bbm to the latest version 5.0.1.41. I've been trying this since end of october and nothing still. Does anyone know what could be possibly wrong, i've been searching here bt havent found anything that could help. Please anyone.
    02-17-11 03:23 PM
    Resend your service books!

1. From Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->menu key->Register Now->Ok. That will send the registration email and basic service books to your phone.

2. From either your carrier BIS site online, or from the Personal Email Setup on your phone, log in and hit help on the PC, or menu key on the phone to resend the service books. You'll receive an email for each email you have registered.
    curve765 likes this.
    02-17-11 03:58 PM
    Do you have a BIS plan with T-Mo? You'll need a BlackBerry-specific data plan for BBM to work. If you had a different phone before, they may not have switched you to a BlackBerry data plan. Call T-mobile and confirm this. Also, if you don't have a BB plan, you will have no way to log into BIS and send service books.
    curve765 likes this.
    02-17-11 04:30 PM
    Thanks so far, but im lost o n the second part. I'm a noob, sorry, but what is BIS and where do i got for that?
    02-17-11 04:36 PM
    Thanks so far, but im lost o n the second part. I'm a noob, sorry, but what is BIS and where do i got for that?
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service. Your data plan, you have to have a data plan to use BBM, email, etc.
    curve765 likes this.
    02-17-11 04:39 PM
    oo..well that makes sense...smh. thats so obvious i feel stupid now. thanks anyways but there is no point in me switching now since ill be due for an upgrade soon. I thought i did because i still use the internet and everything else that uses data except bbm.
    02-17-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD