Hello. I just upgraded from the curve to the bold 9700. I bought the phone from craigslist. I have a BBM plan on my phone for sure. Problem is, I can't add or accept anyone on BBM. If I use my brother's blackberry to try and PIN my bold, then it says invalid pin specified. If I try to add someone, whether it be by scanning barcode or by pin, it just says pending. The other person never gets it. I called my service provider (rogers) and they told me to do a wipe and a restore. Didn't work. They said they don't know why it's not working. If I try to click on remote backup, it says "you are currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service. This should take a couple minutes" but it's been saying that for days.....

Any help??

Thanks!
    06-24-12 09:25 PM
    Perhaps the phone was previously stolen. If it was a Rogers phone and was reported as stolen then it's possible that Rogers has blocked that phone from activating on the network.

I would have assumed that if the phone was reported as stolen, though, they would have known that when you called. Granted, it was Rogers you were dealing with so you may have just dealt with one of the 90% of representatives that have zero clue on how to do their job. Anything with Rogers seems possible these days.

My suggestion would have been to call Rogers and inquire as to whether the phone was reported stolen to them.
    06-24-12 09:40 PM
    Im wondering if the pin wasnt blocked. Did you ask rogers that specifically? Otherwisevi might try to upgrade bbm app itself too.
    06-24-12 09:42 PM
    Perhaps the phone was previously stolen. If it was a Rogers phone and was reported as stolen then it's possible that Rogers has blocked that phone from activating on the network.

I would have assumed that if the phone was reported as stolen, though, they would have known that when you called. Granted, it was Rogers you were dealing with so you may have just dealt with one of the 90% of representatives that have zero clue on how to do their job. Anything with Rogers seems possible these days.

My suggestion would have been to call Rogers and inquire as to whether the phone was reported stolen to them.
    Well, I can still call and text. And the phone looks brand new, the guy said he got it for free for signing or something. If it's stolen, calling and texting would also be blocked.
    Im wondering if the pin wasnt blocked. Did you ask rogers that specifically? Otherwisevi might try to upgrade bbm app itself too.
    PIN was or wasn't blocked? BBM app is already upgraded to the lastest (version 6 something)
    06-24-12 09:48 PM
    Actually calling and texting would not be blocked. Only the bis related stuff like bbm, app world, push email, etc. Call rogers and see if the pin is blocked.
    06-24-12 10:21 PM
    Actually calling and texting would not be blocked. Only the bis related stuff like bbm, app world, push email, etc. Call rogers and see if the pin is blocked.
    Alright I'll do that. If it's blocked, it means it's stolen. Right?
    06-24-12 10:22 PM
    Well it may or may not be stolen but if it is blocked sommeone did report it as sucj and you can't do anything about it if they did
    06-24-12 10:25 PM
    Well it may or may not be stolen but if it is blocked sommeone did report it as sucj and you can't do anything about it if they did
    I called rogers and was on the phone with them for 45 mins, and they said RIM blocked the PIN. I want to contact RIM, but they charge money for support...Now what? The seller probably won't refund my money back
    Last edited by oohhhyeah; 06-24-12 at 11:18 PM.
    06-24-12 11:13 PM
    .Now what? The seller probably won't refund my money back
    Hmm. Sounds like an honest kinda person. If the guy won't give you back your dough then you could bet that somethings off with it and he knows it. That's where paypal comes in handy. Buyer beware I guess...?
    06-26-12 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD