I don't know whether it's an issue with the servers on BBM but I cannot see anyones display picture, reminds me of the very old bbm 4.6 lol. I tried everything un-installed bbm re-installed, battery pull all the stuff that I thought would help but nothing, any ideas onto what I can do?

Please help I appreciate it.
    12-05-10 07:05 PM
    I upgraded my OS today and the same thing is happening to me. They say wait. And wait. We have to go through RIM's servers for the pics so...have a drink and settle in.
    I have been waiting 5 hours. Hope by tomorrow it works itself out! I'm losing patience.
    12-05-10 07:27 PM
    I upgraded my OS today and the same thing is happening to me. They say wait. And wait. We have to go through RIM's servers for the pics so...have a drink and settle in.
    I have been waiting 5 hours. Hope by tomorrow it works itself out! I'm losing patience.
    I'm actually going back to the official OS my phone came with which is .285 and hoping something will change. Thanks for the response though.
    12-05-10 07:36 PM
    I'm actually going back to the official OS my phone came with which is .285 and hoping something will change. Thanks for the response though.
    Its a know bug, so going back to the official that your phone came with might not change anything.

even reloading the os you have right now might fix the issue as the bug is here and there, and not everyone is affected.
    12-05-10 08:05 PM
    Its a know bug, so going back to the official that your phone came with might not change anything.

even reloading the os you have right now might fix the issue as the bug is here and there, and not everyone is affected.
    Yeah I noticed it didn't fix anything, hopefully within time everything will be fixed.
    12-05-10 08:10 PM
    Yeah I noticed it didn't fix anything, hopefully within time everything will be fixed.
    Yeah, im pretty sure RIM is aware of it, and working on an update.
    12-05-10 08:15 PM
    Yeah, im pretty sure RIM is aware of it, and working on an update.
    How would I be able to notify RIM about this problem?
    12-05-10 08:21 PM
    It's RIM servers, that's all. They must be having problems. Last night my avy disappeared for no reason. And a friend's did too. Now today, another person said all his contact's avys disappeared and HE WAS NOT UPGRADING OR DOING ANYTHING. So it's gotta be a RIM server problem. I don't think it will matter what we do right now for it to clear up...
    12-05-10 08:49 PM
    I am having this issue too. It's driving me nuts.
    12-05-10 09:18 PM
    Be patient guys!

I had this issue yesterday

and the pics start showing today
    12-05-10 10:09 PM
    Be patient guys!

I had this issue yesterday

and the pics start showing today
    Did you take any actions?
    12-05-10 10:14 PM
    ive been having the same issue. i have the 9700. i had OS6 for about 2 weeks and i finally went back to OS5 thinking that OS6 was the cause of me not being able to update my pic,but it wasnt. re-downloading doesnt do the trick either. i hope they fix this soon.
    12-06-10 02:59 AM
    Update: I woke up today in the morning tried to update my bbm picture and it finally worked, guess it was the servers after all.
    12-06-10 07:47 AM
    Update: I woke up today in the morning tried to update my bbm picture and it finally worked, guess it was the servers after all.
    Yes, mine popped in too.
    So it was the servers. Patience was all we needed.
    12-06-10 07:53 AM
    Glad to hear Got2 & Jay that your avatars are starting to update! w00t!
    Got2bBold13 likes this.
    12-06-10 08:50 AM
    there is a known system-wide production issue that has been reported. RIM is working on a solution.
    12-06-10 03:15 PM
    If you are still suffering with the BBM pictures not showing up try this. Open BBM, hit the BB key, scroll to options, scroll down to Back Up, select back up files remotely, select any of the emails you have which are active. Allow it to back up. Then do a battery pull, allow the phone to boot up and when it comes back up you should see pictures coming up. Depending on how many contacts you have it may take some time.

Hopes this helps.
    12-07-10 07:09 AM
    most of my contacts already able to change profile pictures. Mine still can not.

any update on this?
    12-08-10 01:27 AM
    You can't change your own avatar?
    12-08-10 07:34 AM
    my pics arent showing up either! so is my dad's... hopefully they resolve this soon... it's driving me nuts!!!!
    12-08-10 05:03 PM
    If you are still suffering with the BBM pictures not showing up try this. Open BBM, hit the BB key, scroll to options, scroll down to Back Up, select back up files remotely, select any of the emails you have which are active. Allow it to back up. Then do a battery pull, allow the phone to boot up and when it comes back up you should see pictures coming up. Depending on how many contacts you have it may take some time.

Hopes this helps.
    have just done this, but it's not working... any other suggestions?
    12-08-10 07:05 PM
    I am having this issue too. It's driving me nuts.
    Here in indonesia, almost all bb user has the some problem.. bbm disp pic wont show up.. Especially the new invite list, dunno why?! can anybody please find the way to fix this?? ty
    12-19-10 10:50 PM
    I have almost everything from rebooting to uninstalling BBM to reinstalling it back . . . still cant see photos that I recently added. To add more insult to injury, they can see my profile picture, but I can't see them.

Any other solutions out there?
    12-21-10 12:09 PM
    I have almost everything from rebooting to uninstalling BBM to reinstalling it back . . . still cant see photos that I recently added. To add more insult to injury, they can see my profile picture, but I can't see them.

Any other solutions out there?
    The last time I upgraded my OS, my BBM pics took 16 hours to pop back in. It's all dependent on RIM's servers.

Uninstalling and reinstalling are not going to change that.
    12-21-10 12:11 PM
    It looks like the servers are fixed. Today @ 0245 hours, EST. i actually watched as 8 of my contacts pictures were updated on my berry for the first time. Has anyone else's problems been fixed?
    12-30-10 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD